Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: Do you have your Christmas tree up yet?
Yes 11 20.37%
No 40 74.07%
I'm working on it now 3 5.56%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-06-2009, 02:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I don't know when we will put up the tree this year. Normally we put it up on the 3rd Sunday of Advent, which is next week. BUT since FIL died this past summer, we have had MIL at our house "every other" weekend, and that will be her weekend to be here. DH told me yesterday that MIL will probably not want to help us decorate our tree.
The last weekend before Christmas is shot because on Saturday his family is making the pierogi for Christmas Eve, and on Sunday my church has the living nativity (and I'm in charge of that!)
I know that my kids are big enough to handle a change in the tradition, but it's still hard to work this out.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:30 AM

Happy face

Barbszy, unless there would be a problem with her being there, I would go ahead & plan to put my tree up as usual. Maybe it will help cheer her up. I understand how she feels, but if she don't want to help, maybe she could stay in another room while you do it.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Assistant Moderator

We cut our tree yesterday but it isn't up yet. Maybe tonight. I think the decorating may have to wait for a bit except for the lights. Too tired and too much else to do.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 12-08-2009, 02:38 PM
Nine Year Member

No tree yet but we have finished the lawn and porch.....Just 3 lighted snowman and lighted candy canes on front lawn this year.....porch looks so cute!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:16 PM

I actually let the girls put ours up this past Saturday. A first for me to have it up so early.
Old 12-08-2009, 06:57 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

all is complete and now is the time 2 walk by all of them and enjoy the decorations, remembering the memories each holds...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:10 AM
Assistant Moderator

We cut our tree last Saturday but did not have time to bring it in. So dh put it in a bucket of water to keep it fresh and then it got snowed on. Last night the kids and I were going to bring it in the house but it was frozen solid in the bucket. So, we get a saw, cut it out of the bucket, bring it in the house and then cut it to fit our house (ie - not hit the ceiling) get it in the stand and now it sits in our living room looking perfect. (what a chore all that was). Hope today to get at least the lights on but I think decorating will have to wait until Friday night as getting out ornaments etc. is too hard to do with dc kids running about.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 12-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Nine Year Member

Making gingerbread house Saturday and tree should go up Sunday evening.....
Old 12-11-2009, 12:22 PM
Assistant Moderator

Ok. lights are on the tree and today I put on the silver bead garland. Maybe the decorations will go on tonight but probably tomorrow.

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 12-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Sammi is your tree decorated totally yet? I picked up a couple more "table" decorations. I am going to have to go thro' mine and possibly put some on Freecycle or let Stacie go thro' first to see if she wants any. I have special hand towels I hang in bathroom NOT to be used this is all year long just change out the "picture" so will be according to the season.