Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 12-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Are you an early decorator or do you prefer to wait until it's closer to Christmas?

I have always been one to decorate early. I love seeing all of my decorations throughout my house, the tree all lit up and my Christmas cards hanging where everyone can enjoy them too!

Still, There are some who prefer to wait until Christmas is near.

Which type of decorator are you?

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 12-18-2005, 08:12 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Things have changed since I have moved and am living in 2 different places. But, usually, we decorate the tree on Thanskgiving day as part of the Thanksgiving tradition. Then, on the next weekend or DH's day off, he does any outdoor decorating. However, as soon as it is New Year's Day, everything comes down.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We get the outside decorations up the first week of December. However, the inside decorations are not always put up right away. This year the tree is going up tomorrow as the kids are now off to help. It kind of depends on what we are doing and when we can get the time. We do leave our tree up until January 6. Sometimes it is up after that even.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 12-19-2005, 04:20 PM
Assistant Moderator

We put our inside decorations up the 1st of Dec and the outside fairy lights etc go up a coupla weeks earlier but don't go on until the 1st either.
The shops have so much christmas stuff Aug/sep I refuse to go any earlier than my Dec.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I love to decorate early, but sometimes, it's almost Christmas Eve before we get things done. Then, I leave the lights, tree and everything up till the first part of January.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:05 PM
Assistant Moderator

Today is the day 19th Nov 2006 that we have started to put up our fairy lights along the fence, garden and roof line. Turn on date 7pm fri 1 Dec.
Let the christmas decoration fun begin LOL.
Over the next couple of weeks we will find our big box of decorations, see what's what and put up our tree on 2nd Dec.

Old 11-18-2006, 04:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Lol untill I read your post been thinking it is 11th I am a week behind lol.
Bought tree today one with Fiber Optic ends and got 2 strings of blue lights to put on it. Getting my ornaments together slow but sure. Will not put it up hopefully till next Friday after Thanksgiving unless Gina comes over here and decides to do it.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

It depends sometime the tree goes up the day after thanksgiving or sometimes the 2 weekend of Dec. as we don't know where the tree will go as where we usually put it up has something there this year.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:02 PM
Assistant Moderator

I don't have the thanksgiving part of decorating to consider LOL, even the kids are starting their Christmas countdown as it's also the school year to finish countdown to summer!
The kids always want to help put up the decorations but no one wants tohelp take them down, sigh

Old 11-19-2006, 02:29 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Looks like so far I am in the minority as a "Late Decorator." We have a system set up, where we gradually decorate the inside of the house as we get closer to Christmas. Each Sunday of Advent (this year, beginning December 3) we do part of the job. The First Sunday we put up our door wreath and our manger scene with NO figures in it, and we bring out the Advent Wreath. The Second Sunday we do most of the house decorations. The Third Sunday we put up the Christmas tree. The Fourth Sunday we put the animals in the manger scene, but no people yet--they get there Christmas Eve. All outside decorating is done when DH's schedule and the weather permits.