Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: How soon do you start decorating for the Holidays?
Thanksgiving Day 23 35.38%
First week of December 20 30.77%
About 2 weeks before Christmas 10 15.38%
Don't decorate at all. 1 1.54%
Other 11 16.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Anyone decorate yet?

Has anyone decorated for the Holidays yet?

Inside and/or outside?

Any particular type of themed decorating?

Share some ideas with me! PLEASE!?!
Old 11-19-2005, 10:37 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Usually start with the outside lights on Thanksgiving afternoon and then the rest the day after...love to get my manger and village up so that I can enjoy them throughout December...

Last edited by jrztomato; 08-06-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-19-2005, 10:42 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I voted other because I always start the day after Thanksgiving
Old 11-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Decorating for the Holidays

I start putting up my Christmas decorations on the saturday following Thanksgiving. It usually takes me a week. I decorate every room in my home (including the bathrooms). Then we move to the outside and start the outside decorations.
Old 11-19-2005, 01:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My hubby put the outside lights on the house 2 weeks ago on a bright sunny warm day. But, we won't turn them on until the day after thanksgiving. Inside I decorate the friday and Sat after thnaksgiving except for our tree. we will buy a tree the first Sat. in Dec.
Iris
Old 11-19-2005, 02:39 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I usually leave all my autumn decorations up through Thanksgiving weekend and then by the time they are all down and put away it's the 1st of December. Then my children and I decorate the house and check the ornies and lights from the year before to make sure everything is okay and then we anxiously await the 2nd weekend in December which is when we get our tree. I love decorating for the holidays!!

"Not what we gain, but what we give....measures the worth of the life we live."
http://www.jsantiago.greatesthomebusiness.com
http://saferforyourhome.com
Old 11-19-2005, 04:32 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I voted other because we usually begin on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Usually we put the tree up, but this year we are doing a real tree & will put it up later. I haven't had a real tree in years & am looking forward to the "smell" of Christmas each morning.

I love to decorate for the holidays too. I'm getting excited about putting things up. I love outside lights but hubby isn't all that eager to put them up since it's kinda difficult to get to the places outside to do them, but we'll see.

My favorite place to decorate is the kitchen. I want to have a small tree in there this year. I've already been playing my Christmas music.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:27 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We didn't start decorating yet, usually the lights go up outside after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if we're going to get a tree this year, we really aren't home enough to enjoy it, the cats seem to enjoy it more than we do!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 06:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

We decorate gradually in our house. We like to create a sense of anticipation of the holiday. If we're completely ready for Christmas right after Thanksgiving, we're tired of it by Christmas!

NOTHING begins until the first Sunday of Advent which is usually the Sunday following Thanksgiving. On that day we take out the Advent wreath and the manger scene. We do not put the people or animals in the manger scene yet. We leave it empty for the whole month.

The second Sunday of Advent, we decorate the house--but NOT the Christmas tree.

The third Sunday of Advent we decorate the Christmas tree.

Outdoor decorations get done when the weather cooperates. We only hang lights on the roof, and a wreath on the door.
Old 11-19-2005, 07:01 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

We still have our Halloween stuff up. How sad is that?

I don't think that I ever decorate for Thanksgiving. I don't have anything to decorate with anyway.

For Christmas it always just depends on my mood. Sometimes it's right after Thanksgiving and sometimes it's a couple of days before Christmas.

"My children are not responsible for my personal happiness. If they are noisy or tired, it is inconvenient only if I make it so." ~ Celia Straus