FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Decorating (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/)
-   -   Anyone decorate yet? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/15927-anyone-decorate-yet.html)

DisneyDel 11-19-2005 08:52 AM

Anyone decorate yet?

Has anyone decorated for the Holidays yet? :cmas1: :cmaskiss:

Inside and/or outside? :snowgrin:

Any particular type of themed decorating? :hmmm:

Share some ideas with me! PLEASE!?! :shrug2:

jrztomato 11-19-2005 10:37 AM

:star:
Usually start with the outside lights on Thanksgiving afternoon and then the rest the day after...love to get my manger and village up so that I can enjoy them throughout December...

Amanda 11-19-2005 10:42 AM

I voted other because I always start the day after Thanksgiving :snowing: :ctree: :cold: :cane:

shirley12 11-19-2005 01:03 PM

Decorating for the Holidays

I start putting up my Christmas decorations on the saturday following Thanksgiving. It usually takes me a week. I decorate every room in my home (including the bathrooms). Then we move to the outside and start the outside decorations. :clause:

ladyIris23 11-19-2005 01:56 PM

My hubby put the outside lights on the house 2 weeks ago on a bright sunny warm day. But, we won't turn them on until the day after thanksgiving. Inside I decorate the friday and Sat after thnaksgiving except for our tree. we will buy a tree the first Sat. in Dec.
Iris

Nchilada5 11-19-2005 02:39 PM

:2cents:I usually leave all my autumn decorations up through Thanksgiving weekend and then by the time they are all down and put away it's the 1st of December. Then my children and I decorate the house and check the ornies :ornie: and lights from the year before to make sure everything is okay and then we anxiously await the 2nd weekend in December which is when we get our tree.:ctree: I love decorating for the holidays!! :clause: :cmaspres:

Sapphire 11-19-2005 04:32 PM

I voted other because we usually begin on the Friday after Thanksgiving. Usually we put the tree up, but this year we are doing a real tree & will put it up later. I haven't had a real tree in years & am looking forward to the "smell" of Christmas each morning.

I love to decorate for the holidays too. I'm getting excited about putting things up. I love outside lights but hubby isn't all that eager to put them up since it's kinda difficult to get to the places outside to do them, but we'll see.

My favorite place to decorate is the kitchen. I want to have a small tree in there this year. I've already been playing my Christmas music.

gkp1031 11-19-2005 05:27 PM

We didn't start decorating yet, usually the lights go up outside after Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if we're going to get a tree this year, we really aren't home enough to enjoy it, the cats seem to enjoy it more than we do!!!

barbszy 11-19-2005 06:15 PM

We decorate gradually in our house. We like to create a sense of anticipation of the holiday. If we're completely ready for Christmas right after Thanksgiving, we're tired of it by Christmas! :ctree:

NOTHING begins until the first Sunday of Advent which is usually the Sunday following Thanksgiving. On that day we take out the Advent wreath and the manger scene. We do not put the people or animals in the manger scene yet. We leave it empty for the whole month.

The second Sunday of Advent, we decorate the house--but NOT the Christmas tree.

The third Sunday of Advent we decorate the Christmas tree.

Outdoor decorations get done when the weather cooperates. We only hang lights on the roof, and a wreath on the door.

phyllsplace 11-19-2005 07:01 PM

We still have our Halloween stuff up. How sad is that?:goof:

I don't think that I ever decorate for Thanksgiving. I don't have anything to decorate with anyway.

For Christmas it always just depends on my mood. Sometimes it's right after Thanksgiving and sometimes it's a couple of days before Christmas.

dinsky 11-19-2005 07:03 PM

We usually start on the 15th of December by putting up the tree. It takes a couple of days to decorate it. And we decorate the house slowly for about a week. There are always a few decorations that go up on Christmas Eve as well. Everything comes down on New Years Day.

But...if you consider the aromas of Christmas, decorating begins right after Thanksgiving (or as soon as we get home from travelling) and goes on until New Years Day.

Debbie

:coolsnow: :walk: :coolsnow:

redcardinalbird 11-19-2005 11:56 PM

Ours is always varied and usually done in stages too. We put the outside decorations up first. This is done depending on the weather though I have had to put them up in snow (prefer not too).

megrayau 11-20-2005 01:49 AM

dh's birthday is 24 Nov and he doesn't like decorations before then. The kids and I like to do it as soon as his b'day is done.

megrayau 11-20-2005 02:45 AM

OOps sorry. dh's b'day is 23 Nov ~ I said I was tired!! lol

suzybeth 11-20-2005 04:00 AM

I usually do my decorating on the day after Thanksgiving. I am one of the few that do not battle the crowds for Black friday. I try and do all my shopping throughout the year, except for a few items.

littlecmom 11-20-2005 06:20 AM

I normally try to do my decorating as soon as we eat Thanksgiving dinner and everyone has rested up some. I go through the lights to make sure they all work and put up the tree. I got a bigger tree this year a 7 ft. Will be big compared to a 3 ft. for the past 9 years. So got to make sure got enough lights for tree and around the inside of the house and will do the outside probably the day after Thanksgiving.So I got to go get more decorations and light. LOL

VickiLynn 11-20-2005 07:31 AM

Every year, it kick's off on Thanksgiving Day, when I'm too full to move. I sit and write out my Christmas cards. Over the next week, the decorations go up gradually (as I figure out where to move all the other stuff). And EVERYTHING comes down a day or two after Christmas.

Teresa1744 11-20-2005 10:01 AM

I usuall get everything out on Thanksgiving Day, I go thru all the lights and DH says I'll be able to do my villages this year so I am looking forward to that. Now got to put some fire under him to get at least one wall done in the new room so I can take so beautiful pictures. But then now I have to get all that together and make snow and small boxes so it looks like mountains and valleys , then I put outside decorations out and then the lights will go up next weekend. UMMM looks like I got alot to do, but it will be all worth it.

bar_bar 11-20-2005 01:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
We decorate gradually, but this yr not sure what we will do, I wanted to decorate early since I thought my gd will be with us and I wanted her to enjoy, Now I'm not sure what is going on due to her mother.

We used to decorate outside but with dh health and he couldn't and my son's work schedule we just been putting up our star and snowman.
also the budget won't allow us to decoate the outside as much as I wish we could.

The inside is another story, it takes me days to bring in the little nick nacks that I have in the shed as I always buy something each yr to add to the stuff.
I wrap my pictures up like gifts for the walls,
and put up things in the windows, on the wood burning stove, in each room there is something. I love this time of the yr.
each yr I do it a little bit different too.

Merry Christmas one and all.

tutterbear35 11-20-2005 05:26 PM

I will start decorating the day after Thanksgiving or maybe sneek a few bears up that night. We have the roof lights up and tomorrow the last day of warmth this week were going to decorate the fence outside and get my big snowglobe put up. Then Thanksgiving night my lights will go on outside. It will be the weekend before the tree is up totally.:star:

victorian 11-20-2005 06:28 PM

decorate

I usually start after everything is cleaned up from Thanksgiving dinner. I start to bring things down from the attic, then get the tree the day after.

motherof2 11-20-2005 07:07 PM

I usually start the week after Thanksgiving. We will get our tree a little earlier this year due to our Traditional Christmas breakfast is a week earlier. It is a tradition that my mother started 2 years ago.

BTW is there a thread on Christmas traditions?:cane:

bar_bar 11-20-2005 07:08 PM

ran across this tonight in a snag grop that I belong to and wanted to pass it on to you.

101 Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Christmas
http://www.homeholidaysfamilyandfun....articleid=9887

barbszy 11-21-2005 03:16 AM

Kay, here is the thread on Christmas traditions.

Looking forward to reading about your Christmas breakfast!:chef::minitree:

butterfly 11-21-2005 06:19 AM

This year I am planning to decorate the tree on Christmas Eve, DH is not too sure about it being this late though, but I'm working on him :-D

I have an advent candle out at the beginning of the month and if I can find a nice one I will have an advent calendar too.

danstigerangel 11-21-2005 12:38 PM

I usually start decorating the first week of December. I'm getting excited about it. I love all my Christams decorations.

Lauri

Vrsherren 11-21-2005 05:42 PM

:cloud9: I sneek a few things in with my fall the day before Thanksgiving. We have Thanksgiving dinner @1p.m. and when we're done the guys do dishes while we girls relax (we cooked!) After dishes the guys put the tree up and lights and the rest of us put on Christmas music and decorate the trees. The guys go upstairs to dh's cave and watch football and everyone is happy!:cheer: By Sunday all my Christmas is up.............and I have a LOT of Christmas stuff!

We start taking it down 12/31 and it usually takes a week.

Thats my :2cents: worth

Vivian
ps Last weekend was so pretty and many people here were putting up their outside lights....... dh thot I was early!

leolight 11-22-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzybeth
I usually do my decorating on the day after Thanksgiving. I am one of the few that do not battle the crowds for Black friday. I try and do all my shopping throughout the year, except for a few items.

Suzybeth, I love Black Friday! Shopping with all the people really gets me in the spirit. I love going to Toys R Us - something about toys and the holidays - there is so much stuff there for the kids in my family i have to buy presents for. I wish they had that when I was younger!"

Vrsherren 11-22-2005 01:46 PM

Black Friday!? We have another name for it......Marathon Friday. I don't like a big crowd especially this time of year with so many people sick! I usually start right after Christmas for the next year and by Sept. I have most of my Christmas shopping done. Then I can go out and enjoy shopping when the crows thins and not be rushed or fret over someone I missed. Of course selling Avon helps a lot. The bath sets, gadgets, jewelry/watches and kid stuff is great. My girls are really into "sparklies" and I use a Pringles can to fill up with jewelry, hair stuff, candy, etc. and they love it! Dh would go out 12/24 @ 6 p.m. and try to find something after everything has been picked clean, and to add insult to injury would charge it and we'd pay for it all yr.! I don't go into debt for Christmas, that defeats the whole purpose and takes the joy out of it too.

Vivian:star:

Karlsangel 11-22-2005 04:37 PM

Never go on Black Friday myself, hate the crowds. I haven't really thought about decorating yet with Thanksgiving coming, but will soon :)

Darla253 11-23-2005 07:03 PM

I put my tree up tonight to save time and will get after the lights tomorrow night when I get back. IF I'm not too full......

DisneyDel 11-24-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrsherren
:cloud9: I sneek a few things in with my fall the day before Thanksgiving. We have Thanksgiving dinner @1p.m. and when we're done the guys do dishes while we girls relax (we cooked!) After dishes the guys put the tree up and lights and the rest of us put on Christmas music and decorate the trees. The guys go upstairs to dh's cave and watch football and everyone is happy!:cheer: By Sunday all my Christmas is up.............and I have a LOT of Christmas stuff!

We start taking it down 12/31 and it usually takes a week.

What a great idea!:coolsnow:

I think I'll steal it for this year!:gimmee: :neener:

Thanks!

Pag36 11-26-2005 09:15 AM

Well our Christmas tree (picture of it on photo thread) was up day before T-Day but normally not till then or on Friday.

We have since put up several mangers as we love them. Not sure what I will be doing next year as will be in diff house from Gina time will tell. Happy decorating guys

apldumplin 11-26-2005 09:38 AM

Christmas decorating

We usually begin decorating the 1st or 2nd week of December.Hubby thinks it is too early if we push it before then,lol.Besides,ya kind of get tired of cleaning around it all by Jan1st anyway. I usually begin by decorating my 3 pine trees(bought all 3 in a set at Walmart for 29.00) with a different theme per tree.The 4 foot has snowmen,5foot has gingerbread men and the 3 foot has various decorations in my daughters room.ABout 2 weeks before Christmas we put up the big tree in the livingroom.I slowly put out knick knack decorations and candles,too.For me,decorating lasts all month long.I love to keep the suspense and make it different everyday:cmas1: And of course,all my wonderful Christmas cards are put up....those from FC and family/friends,too. :ginger: Just enjoy the holidays and decorate in a way that makes you and your family happy :minisnow:

Hugs,
Elaine

WinterSmiles 11-27-2005 12:26 PM

My young son started pulling the decorations out and putting them up on Thanksgiving Day. He was so excited, it was nice to hear his laughter. :minitree:

sandieluvsbears 11-28-2005 06:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
:winter: LOL Kim, a few of my Xmas bears snuck out of their storage totes on Thanksgiving too! I checked "other" also, because I start the weekend after Thanksgiving and will be done by this weekend, I have all my Xmas bears out and they are all sitting on one of the love seats, and one of the recliners, and some still on the floor ready to jump out of their storage totes,lol,now I have to put them all in their right places, which in my case is Xmas teddies in everyroom of the house, including both bathrooms,lol. I put my Xmas outdoor flag (a SantaBear) out (or I should say dh put it up for me yesterday) and our porch back door is all decorated, and all my teddy window clings and suncatchers are up, today I will do the indoor lights, and get the bears settled, and bring out my teddy bear manger, and all the other "animated" teddy things. I have to move furniture around also so may wait for dh to help with that. I love decorating for Xmas, I HATE taking things down and putting them away. I did one thing Im sorry for last year, when I put the lights away I didnt untangle them, lol, now I dont know whther to spend a frustrating hour untangleing them or just buy new ones, I saw come cute ones in the Xmas Tree shop, and surprise surprise they are shaped like teddy bears, okay I just talked myself into getting them,they werent that expensive,lol.