Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: How soon do you start decorating for the Holidays?
Thanksgiving Day 23 35.38%
First week of December 20 30.77%
About 2 weeks before Christmas 10 15.38%
Don't decorate at all. 1 1.54%
Other 11 16.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-20-2005, 06:28 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

decorate

I usually start after everything is cleaned up from Thanksgiving dinner. I start to bring things down from the attic, then get the tree the day after.
Old 11-20-2005, 07:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I usually start the week after Thanksgiving. We will get our tree a little earlier this year due to our Traditional Christmas breakfast is a week earlier. It is a tradition that my mother started 2 years ago.

BTW is there a thread on Christmas traditions?
Old 11-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Assistant Moderator

ran across this tonight in a snag grop that I belong to and wanted to pass it on to you.

101 Easy Ways to Decorate Your Home for Christmas
http://www.homeholidaysfamilyandfun....articleid=9887
Old 11-21-2005, 03:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Kay, here is the thread on Christmas traditions.

Looking forward to reading about your Christmas breakfast!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:19 AM
Nine Year Member

This year I am planning to decorate the tree on Christmas Eve, DH is not too sure about it being this late though, but I'm working on him

I have an advent candle out at the beginning of the month and if I can find a nice one I will have an advent calendar too.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Nine Year Member

I usually start decorating the first week of December. I'm getting excited about it. I love all my Christams decorations.

Lauri

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 11-21-2005, 05:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I sneek a few things in with my fall the day before Thanksgiving. We have Thanksgiving dinner @1p.m. and when we're done the guys do dishes while we girls relax (we cooked!) After dishes the guys put the tree up and lights and the rest of us put on Christmas music and decorate the trees. The guys go upstairs to dh's cave and watch football and everyone is happy! By Sunday all my Christmas is up.............and I have a LOT of Christmas stuff!

We start taking it down 12/31 and it usually takes a week.

Thats my worth

Vivian
ps Last weekend was so pretty and many people here were putting up their outside lights....... dh thot I was early!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:52 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzybeth
I usually do my decorating on the day after Thanksgiving. I am one of the few that do not battle the crowds for Black friday. I try and do all my shopping throughout the year, except for a few items.
Suzybeth, I love Black Friday! Shopping with all the people really gets me in the spirit. I love going to Toys R Us - something about toys and the holidays - there is so much stuff there for the kids in my family i have to buy presents for. I wish they had that when I was younger!"
Old 11-22-2005, 01:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Black Friday!? We have another name for it......Marathon Friday. I don't like a big crowd especially this time of year with so many people sick! I usually start right after Christmas for the next year and by Sept. I have most of my Christmas shopping done. Then I can go out and enjoy shopping when the crows thins and not be rushed or fret over someone I missed. Of course selling Avon helps a lot. The bath sets, gadgets, jewelry/watches and kid stuff is great. My girls are really into "sparklies" and I use a Pringles can to fill up with jewelry, hair stuff, candy, etc. and they love it! Dh would go out 12/24 @ 6 p.m. and try to find something after everything has been picked clean, and to add insult to injury would charge it and we'd pay for it all yr.! I don't go into debt for Christmas, that defeats the whole purpose and takes the joy out of it too.

Vivian
Old 11-22-2005, 04:37 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Never go on Black Friday myself, hate the crowds. I haven't really thought about decorating yet with Thanksgiving coming, but will soon