Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

View Poll Results: How soon do you start decorating for the Holidays?
Thanksgiving Day 23 35.38%
First week of December 20 30.77%
About 2 weeks before Christmas 10 15.38%
Don't decorate at all. 1 1.54%
Other 11 16.92%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-19-2005, 07:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

We usually start on the 15th of December by putting up the tree. It takes a couple of days to decorate it. And we decorate the house slowly for about a week. There are always a few decorations that go up on Christmas Eve as well. Everything comes down on New Years Day.

But...if you consider the aromas of Christmas, decorating begins right after Thanksgiving (or as soon as we get home from travelling) and goes on until New Years Day.

Debbie

It is important to follow our dreams as a tribute to those who were forbidden to follow theirs. - Unknown

Old 11-19-2005, 11:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Ours is always varied and usually done in stages too. We put the outside decorations up first. This is done depending on the weather though I have had to put them up in snow (prefer not too).

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 11-20-2005, 01:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

dh's birthday is 24 Nov and he doesn't like decorations before then. The kids and I like to do it as soon as his b'day is done.
Old 11-20-2005, 02:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

OOps sorry. dh's b'day is 23 Nov ~ I said I was tired!! lol
Old 11-20-2005, 04:00 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I usually do my decorating on the day after Thanksgiving. I am one of the few that do not battle the crowds for Black friday. I try and do all my shopping throughout the year, except for a few items.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:20 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I normally try to do my decorating as soon as we eat Thanksgiving dinner and everyone has rested up some. I go through the lights to make sure they all work and put up the tree. I got a bigger tree this year a 7 ft. Will be big compared to a 3 ft. for the past 9 years. So got to make sure got enough lights for tree and around the inside of the house and will do the outside probably the day after Thanksgiving.So I got to go get more decorations and light. LOL
Old 11-20-2005, 07:31 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Every year, it kick's off on Thanksgiving Day, when I'm too full to move. I sit and write out my Christmas cards. Over the next week, the decorations go up gradually (as I figure out where to move all the other stuff). And EVERYTHING comes down a day or two after Christmas.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I usuall get everything out on Thanksgiving Day, I go thru all the lights and DH says I'll be able to do my villages this year so I am looking forward to that. Now got to put some fire under him to get at least one wall done in the new room so I can take so beautiful pictures. But then now I have to get all that together and make snow and small boxes so it looks like mountains and valleys , then I put outside decorations out and then the lights will go up next weekend. UMMM looks like I got alot to do, but it will be all worth it.

"The thoughts you entertain are the seeds from which your actions grow."
Old 11-20-2005, 01:42 PM
Assistant Moderator

We decorate gradually, but this yr not sure what we will do, I wanted to decorate early since I thought my gd will be with us and I wanted her to enjoy, Now I'm not sure what is going on due to her mother.

We used to decorate outside but with dh health and he couldn't and my son's work schedule we just been putting up our star and snowman.
also the budget won't allow us to decoate the outside as much as I wish we could.

The inside is another story, it takes me days to bring in the little nick nacks that I have in the shed as I always buy something each yr to add to the stuff.
I wrap my pictures up like gifts for the walls,
and put up things in the windows, on the wood burning stove, in each room there is something. I love this time of the yr.
each yr I do it a little bit different too.

Merry Christmas one and all.
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I will start decorating the day after Thanksgiving or maybe sneek a few bears up that night. We have the roof lights up and tomorrow the last day of warmth this week were going to decorate the fence outside and get my big snowglobe put up. Then Thanksgiving night my lights will go on outside. It will be the weekend before the tree is up totally.