FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Christmas Decorating (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/)
-   -   Christmas Decorating Theme (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/christmas-decorating/11756-christmas-decorating-theme.html)

sheilanfl 08-10-2004 06:40 AM

Christmas Decorating Theme

Is anyone else thinking about their christmas decorating theme yet...funny, it's 90 outside 2 storms brewing & I find myself looking for new things to make for decorating for christmas.. never mind that we still have Halloween & Thanksgiving...hmmm a Thanksgiving theme....:jump2:

danstigerangel 08-11-2004 05:46 AM

It's funny that I came upon this thread. I was just thinking this morning that I had better get started on my crafts early. Like now! There are a few snow men things I'd like to make.

I know it's early, but for me the time always flies and I'm way behind!

:-: Lauri

sheilanfl 08-11-2004 06:01 AM

I am soooo far behind, no kidding, I have tried to work on a stocking for the last 3 yrs for my df, unfortunately he died a year ago and the thing still isn't finished...when I say I'm behind I'm not kidding. I love the snow man theme...I have a few things and always look for things that I can make to add to it. Last year & the year before I did artificial frosted fruit wreaths & garlands, well my family loved them so much that I ended up incorporating them into helping frost the fruits & we all made wreaths for gifts, my ds wanted me to make a lot & sell them on ebay & flea markets...:goof: heck I was still putting decorations less than a week before xmas & I started just after thanksgiving. :.

danstigerangel 08-11-2004 06:04 AM

I have been collecting snowmen and making them for a few years now. It's pretty much snowmen and snowflakes galore.

Last year I made the marbelized ornaments which were a big hit. Time consuming, but since I gave most of them away, I want to make more for our tree.

sheilanfl 08-11-2004 06:30 AM

Sounds like the way it goes at my house, if someone see's something they really like that I've made...off it goes. My dh loved the large wreath (and the 1st one) I had made for our dining room with garland to match, well needless to say guess what dmil got for xmas...yep, mine:lol: maybe I'll be able to make one for my dining room again this year & it stay! I do my xmas tree in white & blue w/glitter so they look like snowballs, snowflakes, w/snowmen here & there. I have a small collection of father xmas some as tall as 3' that I display on a console table & nutcrackers on end tables...a hodge podge of xmas :o

Breezy 08-11-2004 08:19 AM

DUE TO THE ENDING OF MY UNEMPLOYMENT CHECKS AND MY BAD HEALTH AND NOT KNOWING IF I WIL BE ABLE TO GET ON DISSABILITY AND SSI I AM PLANNING ON MAKING A LOT OF HANDMADE GIFTS FOR ALL MY FAMILY MEMBERS SO I AM BUSY GETTING STARTED ON THEM NOW AS CHRISTMAS WIL BE HERE BEFORE WE KNOW IT!

danstigerangel 08-11-2004 08:53 AM

sheilanfl----I know!!! You make something and say your keeping it, and off it goes!!! Please let me know how you made the wreath. It sounds so pretty!

Breezy----So sorry to hear about your bad health. I enjoy making gifts. They are usually one of a kind, and they come from the heart!!! Get well soon!!!!

sheilanfl 08-11-2004 08:57 AM

What type of decorations/gifts will any of you be making this year. I had decided that by giving decorations that match the person/style that it is something that is used & treasured. One year I had made a rustic father xmas wreath w/a few antiqued deep burgundy cabbage rose & the head of father xmas with a hemp beard. My mother saw it & had a fit...I made her one, my aunt saw her's & had a fit, so you get the picture....I would luv to do either something in the winterey scene re snowmen, snowballs, snowflakes, etc & father xmas, fruits, I did do one med size using small child's tea sets from $ store..it was for my kitchen when I lived in an old victorian....Any idea's or suggestions for this year?

danstigerangel 08-11-2004 09:23 AM

sheilanfl---Have you checked out the AC Moore website. I think it's great. I have made the chip board snowmen and the marbleized ornaments. This year I'd like to make some of the snowglobe ornaments they show. I also like the terracotta pot snowpeople. Also, here on FC there are alot of great snow people ideas.

sheilanfl 08-11-2004 10:18 AM

Lauri, thanks, no I hadn't seen/heard of that site..but confession is that what some would call lurking, it's just that, I look at all the old threads to see if I can get new ideas for me & my girls..I have one still at home, dd #2 is 18 and ddil is 24/ds turning 23 they have the almost 2yr old that I take care of after I get off work & weekends. But they enjoy doing crafts w/me. Mine grew up w/me as their sole provider so homemade gifts & deco's were/are the norm so it's a family thing :party: I will start looking at that site though...love new ideas