Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 10-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Dora the Explorer for Boys

My son will be 3 and LOVES Dora the Explorer! I am searching for items for a Dora themed birthday party that could be used for a boy. Everything I have found is too girl looking, meaning pink or purple. Any ideas? Thanks!
Old 10-28-2003, 11:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
I know how you feel. My son loved Dora too.

The only things that I can think of is going with the purple decorations ( boys like purple too) if they arent light "girlie" purple. Are you talking about plates and stuff like that that has their faces on them? How about the purple plates and then buy another color napkins, cups, streamer...... Boots wears red boots, I think? Maybe focus on that. I would try to focus on Dora, Boots and Swiper all together that way it could be for a boy or girl.

You could do some sort of invitation with "Help Dora and Boots keep ....(sons name)....away from Swiper. Join us for our adventure". Have a treasure hunt or something along the lines of the show. Dont forget to sing the theme song!

This could be really fun. Post back when you finalize your plans. Most of all, have fun with him!!!

Good Luck!
Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 11-24-2003, 05:14 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Great idea Tammi!
My daughter wants a Dora party too and half of her guests are boys. Being the mom of four girls, what the heck do do I do with boys??

Because her party will be two days after Christmas (she's an xmas baby), we can't go outside for a treasure hunt. Any other ideas out there? We're making craft foam backpacks for a craft so far and I think we've talked her uncle into being Boots (can't wait to see this one...)~

Stace
Old 11-24-2003, 10:47 AM
Friend of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Could you have a treasure hunt in the house? How about pin the tail on Swiper or Boots game? You could find a picture on the net and then enlarge it on a copy machine.
My sons b-day is in Feb. and in Iowa there will more than likely be snow so we'll be inside as well. Actually my son has already changed his mind and wants Rescue Heroes now. Who knows, there is still a long time between now and then. Good Luck!
Old 12-06-2003, 06:59 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb

check out this website, it doesn't look too "girlie". I ordered stuf for my 8 year olds party (lego racers) and they have great stuff! Good Luck!

http://www.birthdayexpress.com/bexpr...asp?sku=E25692
Old 12-06-2003, 09:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

The above site gives some great ideas!

Even if you dont want to order from them, you could use their color scheme, the cake idea, the goody bag fillers.....binoculars, candy necklaces, stickers.....I bet even WalMart would carry some of that stuff.

I love the idea of the foam craft back pack. You could get really wacky and cut out a cardboard tree and make coconut shaped bean bags to play a bean bag game.

Ill keep thinking

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 12-06-2003, 12:11 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Last time I saw Dora with my three year old granddaughter, there was a little boy on the program. Have you seen him? I cannot remember what he was wearing or what he had with him. You could check in on the program and find out.
Petunia
Old 12-06-2003, 01:26 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Youre right, I was just watching it with my DS last week. He is her cousin Diego (sp?). I dont know if he will be on there all the time now or not.

Check out NickJrs site. They have lots of party ideas for each of thier cartoon characters.

Good thinking Petunia!

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 12-06-2003, 04:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I see he may have changed his mind, but I'll put in my 2 cents anyway. My 4yo ds likes Dora too, although not as much into it now. My first thought was that boys (& girls) would love whacking a Dora pinata. If you can't do it outside, is there a garage that could work for this. Also, thought of going with a bit of a Spanish theme. Label things with the Spanish word, incorperate that into the hunt somehow. You guys are way more creative than me.
Old 12-06-2003, 09:06 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

At 3 or 4, I don't think it matters too much about the pink or purple theme. Maybe some compasses, magnifying glasses, or other clue finding items safe for 3 yr olds would be fun for him and his friends. Also, gotta have back packs, maybe find some mini ones and put their names on them......such as......Zach the Explorer???. Also, maybe a video.
Hope they all have a fun time and remember to take lots of pictures. I love to see the pics of my almost grown kids at their b-day parties when they were little. Time goes so fast.