FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Children's Theme Parties (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/children-s-theme-parties/)
-   -   Dora the Explorer for Boys (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/children-s-theme-parties/8599-dora-explorer-boys.html)

mjsjtjcj 10-28-2003 11:01 AM

Dora the Explorer for Boys

My son will be 3 and LOVES Dora the Explorer! I am searching for items for a Dora themed birthday party that could be used for a boy. Everything I have found is too girl looking, meaning pink or purple. Any ideas? Thanks!

ajrsmom 10-28-2003 11:20 AM

I know how you feel. My son loved Dora too.

The only things that I can think of is going with the purple decorations ( boys like purple too) if they arent light "girlie" purple. Are you talking about plates and stuff like that that has their faces on them? How about the purple plates and then buy another color napkins, cups, streamer...... Boots wears red boots, I think? Maybe focus on that. I would try to focus on Dora, Boots and Swiper all together that way it could be for a boy or girl.

You could do some sort of invitation with "Help Dora and Boots keep ....(sons name)....away from Swiper. Join us for our adventure". Have a treasure hunt or something along the lines of the show. Dont forget to sing the theme song!

This could be really fun. :) Post back when you finalize your plans. Most of all, have fun with him!!!

Good Luck!
Tami

wyntermoon 11-24-2003 05:14 AM

Great idea Tammi!
My daughter wants a Dora party too and half of her guests are boys. Being the mom of four girls, what the heck do do I do with boys?? :-O

Because her party will be two days after Christmas (she's an xmas baby), we can't go outside for a treasure hunt. Any other ideas out there? We're making craft foam backpacks for a craft so far and I think we've talked her uncle into being Boots (can't wait to see this one...)~

Stace

mjsjtjcj 11-24-2003 10:47 AM

Could you have a treasure hunt in the house? How about pin the tail on Swiper or Boots game? You could find a picture on the net and then enlarge it on a copy machine.
My sons b-day is in Feb. and in Iowa there will more than likely be snow so we'll be inside as well. Actually my son has already changed his mind and wants Rescue Heroes now. Who knows, there is still a long time between now and then. Good Luck!

bigwinnie 12-06-2003 06:59 AM

check out this website, it doesn't look too "girlie". I ordered stuf for my 8 year olds party (lego racers) and they have great stuff! Good Luck!

http://www.birthdayexpress.com/bexpr...asp?sku=E25692

ajrsmom 12-06-2003 09:43 AM

The above site gives some great ideas!

Even if you dont want to order from them, you could use their color scheme, the cake idea, the goody bag fillers.....binoculars, candy necklaces, stickers.....I bet even WalMart would carry some of that stuff.

I love the idea of the foam craft back pack. You could get really wacky and cut out a cardboard tree and make coconut shaped bean bags to play a bean bag game. ROFLMAO

Ill keep thinking :::

Petunia 12-06-2003 12:11 PM

Last time I saw Dora with my three year old granddaughter, there was a little boy on the program. Have you seen him? I cannot remember what he was wearing or what he had with him. You could check in on the program and find out.
Petunia

ajrsmom 12-06-2003 01:26 PM

Youre right, I was just watching it with my DS last week. He is her cousin Diego (sp?). I dont know if he will be on there all the time now or not.

Check out NickJrs site. They have lots of party ideas for each of thier cartoon characters.

Good thinking Petunia! ^^

MKS 12-06-2003 04:21 PM

I see he may have changed his mind, but I'll put in my 2 cents anyway. My 4yo ds likes Dora too, although not as much into it now. My first thought was that boys (& girls) would love whacking a Dora pinata. If you can't do it outside, is there a garage that could work for this. Also, thought of going with a bit of a Spanish theme. Label things with the Spanish word, incorperate that into the hunt somehow. You guys are way more creative than me.

momofjems 12-06-2003 09:06 PM

At 3 or 4, I don't think it matters too much about the pink or purple theme. Maybe some compasses, magnifying glasses, or other clue finding items safe for 3 yr olds would be fun for him and his friends. Also, gotta have back packs, maybe find some mini ones and put their names on them......such as......Zach the Explorer???. Also, maybe a video.
Hope they all have a fun time and remember to take lots of pictures. I love to see the pics of my almost grown kids at their b-day parties when they were little. Time goes so fast.