Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 09-29-2002, 03:52 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Question Flinstones Party

My daughter would like to have a Flintstones bday cake.
Can anybody help me posting a picture
Thanks
Isabel
Old 09-29-2002, 04:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I may not be able to find you a picture cake, but here are some Themed Flintstone Ideas:

Invitations

Using contruction (or any paper) cut out bones and clubs to form your invitations. Be sure to include the Reason for your party, Date, Time, Place, RSVP

Decorations

~ Decorate using items from the caveman era.
~ Make some square wheels from boxes.
~ Make tables and chairs look like rocks. Cover a table with a grey tablecloth and then draw shapes to emulate rocks.
~You can use colored balloons and decorate with black tissue
~ Create a cave with a large cardboard box.

If you want to wear a Costume...

~ Use small amounts of material at a craft store (orange, brown and black and/or animal prints). Create a simple caveman outfit.
No need for sewing. Just cut the orange material like a tattered skirt seen on the Flintstones. Make it wide enough to tie around a little girls waist. Glue on triangles made from the black material or black felt. For a boy take the brown material and cut it so it will tie over one shoulder. You can also cut the bottom to be tattered and glue on black shaped triangle or circles.

Foods

~ cookies shaped like bones, clubs and rocks

~ Sticks and Stones: A pretzel and M&M's plain party mix.

~ Use Dino Eggs (plastic easter eggs) as mini blowl to carry your snacks or drink your juices.

~ Rock Candy Necklaces: candy necklaces OR make your own with string and Froot Loops.

~ BamBam Clubs: Pretzel rods, 2 squares of chocolate or almond bark, Sprinkles (preferably the colored sugar or small ball types).
Makes about 15 (depending on how much chocolate you put on each rod). Pour sprinkles in a square pan or round bowl. This will allow the pretzels to be rolled in it. Melt the squares according to package. Dip rods about halfway into the melted chocolate.
Roll in sprinkles and lay on wax paper to cool. After they are completely cooled, you can store them in a plastic bag. These can be made a day or two before the party as long as the bag is kept sealed.

~ Dino Dogs: Either small hotdogs or pigs in a blanket.Of course be careful with the little ones. They may need theirs cut up.
You could also use corndogs.

~ Brontoburgers: White Castle hamburgers in the frozen section are great. Otherwise you can create your own small hamburgers and put them in square dinner rolls.

~ Dinosaur Eggs: Use fruity Pebble cereal.

Games and Activities

~ Bedrock Bowling: Set up a plastic bowling set for the kids to knock down pins. Any pins knocked down win a prize. Everyone receives consolation candy. If you don't have a bowling set, make one using 2 liter soda bottles. Wash them out and peel off labels. Fill with colored tissue paper or colorful shred. Use any small ball you may have.

~ Coloring Cornor. Buy some coloring books of the FLintstones and have a coloring contest. There are coloring pages on line that can be printed and copied.

~ Cover a wall with poster boards or roll paper. Let the kids pretend they are coloring the cave walls.

~ FlintMobile: Save boxes or ask your local grocery store for some. Cut off all flaps. Decorate the sides to have two stone tires connected with the wood shaped like >---< . Paint it on or glue on construction paper shapes. It's best to create 2 or 3 for the kids to pretend they are riding in the Flintmobile. Don't forget the license plate that says BEDROCK.

~ Dino Ring Toss: Use a stuffed dinosaur or a dino waterbottle that can be used for a ring toss game. If using a water bottle, fill it with water or sand to stand on its own.

~ One, Two, Yabba Dabba Do!!!!!: Get everyone together to shout Fred's favorite's words. See who can sound most like Fred!

~ Stick the Spot on Dino: Have a picture of Dino blown up and cut out black spots from construction paper. Place tape or removable picture tape squares on the back of the spots.
Play just like the traditional Pin the tail on the Donkey.
Old 09-29-2002, 04:34 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks Shawn

Thanks Shawn to your marvelous idea.
I would do it and perhaps could you tell me a link for the pictures of FLintstones or coloring pages?
Thanks again and best regards
Isabel
Old 09-29-2002, 06:36 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle HI Shawn

Thanks again. You're so helpful.
I've posted another request in other thread and my question was as small as asking for ideas about Halloween Cake.
I would like to have some pictures.Last year I've done a small cake with jack o' lantern and some ghosts standing up.
This year I should have another different.
Again
best regards
Isabella
Old 10-08-2002, 07:51 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Halloween cake

Hi Isabella
I have done a cake in a bundt pan any flavor you will want, tint some white frosting orange with red and yellow food coloring then you frost the cake with the frosting and decorate it with ghosts skeletons, grave stones etc . I would also add a stem with a pieces of cardboard or a plain twinkie with white frosting tinted green, or brownish with chocolate frosting. I have used fall harvest candies for a plain grown up party type or for kids. the choices are endless! you can also do a plain sheet cake and just fill it with any decorations you can think of. It will work well for any theme you want to do, whether it is Easter Fourth of July Halloween, Christmas or even Hanakah. Good luck with your Halloween cake and other holidays!
Old 01-30-2003, 04:52 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Flinstones Bday Party

This is my contribution to this forum.
Flinstones birthday party of my daughter.
Hope you like it.
See you.
Attached Images

Old 01-30-2003, 04:57 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

The party decoration

Hope you like it.
Cheers
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2015, 08:01 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This is totally wow! LOVE the cut-outs!