Pizza Birthday Party - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-07-2002, 07:08 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Pizza Birthday Party

Sunday is TJ's 5th birthday. I have decided to keep things simple and make it a pizza party. What I've decided so far is:

-- Pizza ordered out (our homemade pizzas never come out good )
-- Appetizer veggie pizza (for the grown ups)
-- Fruit pizza (need a good recipe with cream cheese!)
-- Pizza cake

I figure for the pizza cake I will make two rounds and decorate them to look like pizzas. If anyone has any ideas on this I'm open to suggestions!!

We are not having any friends of TJ's over, just family. His uncle and Dad are going to get up early and take him fishing that morning, then we'll probably have the pizza party in the afternoon.

Considering there will only be our kids, any ideas are appreciated to keep it simple. We won't need invitations, but maybe something else creative? Place cards with a little saying inside, or maybe it could say something like "Free hug from TJ" and other phrases? Help on this!
Old 06-07-2002, 10:56 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Pizza Themed Party

Decorations:
~ use a large Italian flag or map of Italy to decorate the walls
~ cover tables with red-and-white-checked tablecloths
~ Fill clear vases with a variety of colors and shapes of uncooked pasta to create eye-catching table centerpieces.

Crafts & Games:
~ Give each a wad of uncooked pizza dough to use as Play-doh.

~ give each guest enough dough to form their own personal pizza. Provide tomato sauce, shredded cheese, toppings (such as mushroom or sausage slices), and spices for each guest to make their own customized pizza creation

~ Give round cookies out and let them decorate like a cookie~

~ The Most Creative Pizza and the Best Tasting Pizza

~ Pin the Pepperoni on the Pizza. Yes, just like the donkey! Hang a Boboli on a wall outside. The winner is the blindfolded child who lands a pepperoni nearest to the center of the pizza.

~ Write MUSHROOM PIZZA on a large piece of paper, set the timer, and see who can come up with the most words of three or more letters using the letters in "mushroom pizza."

Food:
~ Antipasto salad
~ pasta salad
~ garlic rolls and bread sticks
~ Make pizza...

Pita Pizza

pita bread
canned or jarred pizza sauce (or make your own)
toppings
cheese

Place pizzas on a greased pan (after decorating and putting together). Cook in a 350 degree oven for 20 - 30 minutes

Margharita Pie
Pita bread
tomaotes, sliced thin
olive oil
garlic powder
oregano
salt
cheese

toss all the ingredients except pita and cheese. Spread on pita bread and top with cheese. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 30 - 30 minutes.

Cake:
~ Make a pizza cake. To create this delicious dessert, top pizza dough with cream cheese, sliced apples, sugar and cinnamon, then bake. To serve, use a pizza cutter to divide the cake into enough slices for everyone.
~ Giant Cookie decorated like a pizza

Chocolate Strawberry Pizza
Since this recipe is made with real pizza dough, it's not as sweet as the typical chocolate pizza made with cookie dough. This could be offered as part of a brunch, for dessert, or as a snack. Let this be the main course at a kids' party and really surprise them!

10 oz. Refrigerated Pizza Dough
1 12 oz. tub regular cream cheese
1/4 cup chocolate syrup
6 tablespoons confectioners sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
1 pint strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
options: whipped cream, sprinkles

Preheat oven to 425°F. Blend chocolate syrup and sugar into cream cheese until smooth. Lightly grease with vegetable oil 9x13 inch baking pan. Spread pizza dough on baking sheet to cover. Bake dough in oven for 6 minutes. Remove from oven.
Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on pizza crust, leaving 1/2 inch border around edge. Return to oven and bake 7 minutes.
In the meantime, melt chocolate chips in microwave or over double boiler according to instructions on package and stir until smooth. Remove pizza from oven and gently spread melted chocolate across top. Top with sliced strawberries. Serve warm or, if firmer consistency is preferred, after chilling in refrigerator for an hour. Top with whipped cream and sprinkles, if desired.

PIZZA CAKE
Throw a pizza party at a local pizza parlor. Bake your cake right in a disposable pizza pan, and get a pizza box for displaying it—plus a real pizza wheel for cutting the cake.

2 cups red frosting
1 baked 12- or 14-inch round cake (made in a cake or pizza pan)
Grated white chocolate (or grated coconut)
1/2 to 1 cup of fresh fruit, such as blueberries, banana slices, strawberry, kiwi, orange or grapes; or dried pieces of banana, pear, mango, prune, peach, apricot or apple
Pizza box

To create the look of pizza sauce, frost the cake with red icing, within 1/2 inch of the edge. Sprinkle on white chocolate "cheese," strawberry "pepperoni," banana "mushrooms," grape "olives" and so on. Serve in the pizza box

Favors:
~ small toys, stickers, rubber stamps, a jar of bubbles
~ send their cookies (that they made) in small carry-out pizza boxes in which to place the goodies, rather than a bag. You can make these ahead of time.
~ give out a gift certificate for a free slice of pizza to a local pizzeria
~ give out mini chefs hats and checkered bandanas to wear
Old 06-09-2002, 08:54 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thanks Shawn! We didn't have a party really, my hubby and brother took TJ fishing and we bought him the Power Wheels Chevy Silverado. Unfortunately he couldn't ride it today as the battery has to charge for 18 hours first. Bet he'll be driving me batty in the morning! LOL

Anyway, here's what I made to eat:

Appetizer Veggie Pizza - this is one of my absolute favorites!
http://www.practicalkitchen.com/meal...ie_pizza.shtml

made a fruit pizza - here is what I did:

Bought a package of refrigerator chocolate chip cookie dough, pressed it into a disposable pizza pan. Baked and cooled. Mixed an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, spread that on top, cut into pizza wedges with a pizza wheel. Decorated with sliced strawberry, kiwi, pineapple wedges, marichino cherries, and fresh raspberries. I chilled it and then melted some chocolate chips and drizzled that all over the top. Came out great!

pizza cake - I made a box of chocolate cake mix, sprayed two disposable pizza pans, poured the better into those and baked till done. Frosted them with red frosting (food coloring), left a space at the end for the crust. I used regular sized tootsie rolls and cut them into thirds, them scattered those around as sausage. Then I cut up those jellied fruit candies (not gum drops, but the kind that are shaped like orange wedges), used green for green pepper, red for red pepper, and yellow for yellow peppers. Then I melted some white chocolate chips and drizzled that all over the top as the cheese.

I'm so bummed that my digital camera is out of commission, they really came out great! oh well, guess i'll just have to make them again when it's fixed since I can't just put them on the scanner like I can with my jars. LMAO!