Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 01-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Spa night sleep over

DD9 has decided that she wants to have a sleep over for her 10th birthday with a Spa theme. I just don't know what todo or how to make invitations for this. I always make invitations for the kids birthays. Last years party was her first sleepover and I made the invitations from plastic canvas. I made a sleeping bag that opened up on the inside I put heart material and glued on a piece of colored paper with the information on it.

I know somewhere I seen the idea of a spa treatment night for kids now I cant find where I seen it at. Does anyone have any ideas of stations that we can set up, food and stuff for the goodie bags.

TIA

Kim
Old 01-28-2005, 07:46 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

For the invites I would go with something shaped like a bottle of lotion, perfume or nail polish (my favorite). Have everyone bring a robe and slippers and dim the lights and play relaxation music. You could set up stations for facials (make your own masks or buy some individual pkts of some different types and you can also do some steam treatments with hot water in the sink tented with a towel), manicures, pedicures (include a soak in the bubbly foot bath which also cleans their feet for others to handle), massage chair (get one of those that lay ontop of your own chair if you are wanting to splurge) and makeup makeover (if they are allowed to wear it yet). For the goody bags a lightly tinted lipgloss, nail polish and hand lotions are good. I would keep food light (tea sandwiches etc) but you may want to have the chips and dips handy for when the spa is over and they are chatting until dawn. Hope they have a great time.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

SPA PARTY

Family Fun Magazine had a really cool invite involving making with felt and elastic. Check them out, family fun has a web site too, it's my home page. They also had extensions on the theme.
Good luck
ezlivinginvt
Old 01-28-2005, 11:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
They have given you some great ideas!

This sounds like a really cool party!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you for the ideas. I think that Family Fun website is where I seen the idea for a spa party last year. Thanks I will have to look there again.
Old 01-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh what a great idea. Boy sleepovers were never that creative when I was a kid !
You could get everyone cheap flip flops and have them decorate them with all sorts of goodies-markers, glue on stuff etc. They could wear them while doing pedicures or something. Pretty neat thing to take home, while still being inexpensive.

**A balanced diet is chocolate in both hands**
Old 01-29-2005, 08:30 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Kimmer...could u gimme the instructions on the invites u made,,sounds really cute. I have NO idea how to plastic canvas..lol
Old 01-31-2005, 07:04 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

http://kitchencraftsnmore.net/bath.html Try this website,they have thousands of easy recipes for everything from bubblegum bubble bath to lotions ect.Hugs~Amy
Old 02-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

THANKS I WILL CHECK IT [email protected]
Old 02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hummingbird- All that I did to make the sleeping bag invites was take and cut out plastic canvas into a good sized retangle and made a sleeping bag pattern and stitched it up. then I whipstitched one side of the two pieces together. So that it opened up like a book. On the inside I hot glued fabric (I had some with hearts on it. On top of the fabric glued colored computer paper you could still see quite a bit of the fabric behind it. On the paper I put all the information. I wish I had saved one or taken a picture of one at the time but I didnt .

I looked on Family fun but did not see anything about a spa party I just don't know where it was I seen it. I am going to have to keep looking.

Thank you for all the ideas if anyone has anymore I am still planning. I think that we are going to change the party till the first weekend in March due to a death in the family. Her birthday trip is going to be postpond till spring break at the end of March.