ISO Shrek Themed Party Ideas

• It's my sons 3rd birthday at the end of this month, and we're going with a shrek theme. I just finished paper mache'ing a balloon to make a shrek pinata, but am looking for more ideas, especially the way of food (kid friendly).

Any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance,
    Dawn
  • Wow, sounds like you are quite crafty - I'm impressed! I once saw these shrek ears that were worn as headbands, they were really cute. Matbe you could make some decorations for the other characters of the movie (the three little pigs, pinnochio, etc.). Sorry I couldn't be more help. Good luck, sounds like a really cute theme.
  • After some looking, I came across these ideas for food:

Feast for an ogre! Bucket of chicken legs...

ants on a log

Gingerbread Man cookies

"Happily Ever After" potion-- recipe:

KOOL-AID®Fizz

1. Place 2 Tbsp. of Lemonade KOOL-AID Sugar-Sweetened Soft Drink Mix in large glass.
    2. Gradually add 1 cup cold ginger ale, stirring until drink mix is completely dissolved.
    3. Serve over ice cubes.
    Makes 1 serving.

Seltzer and club soda are great substitutes for the ginger ale.
    For more Kool-Aid fizz fun, try some of our other favorite combinations or create your own!

Kool-Aid Flavor Soda
    Orange Ginger Ale
    New Ice Cool Arctic Green Apple Club Soda
    Cherry Club Soda
    Grape Seltzer
    Black Cherry Seltzer

This is one party that it will be cool to play pin-the-tail on the donkey!

Ill keep looking for other ideas for you too.

Have fun!
    Tami
  • A Shrek party sounds like great fun.

If the kids were older (like 6 or older) I would say, get "gross" with the snacks. Anything involving slimy green stuff

But you are talking about little ones.
    Green jello, or vanilla pudding colored with food coloring would be good.
    If they don't like gingerbread flavored cookies you could use a sugar cookie recipe, mix in 1/4 cup of baking cocoa, and make chocolate men.

Otherwise I wouldn't worry too much about doing theme food at this age. Just pick easy stuff that they will eat (chips, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, vegetable slices like carrots, cucumbers, etc.) They are little enough that they might shy away from anything that is "different" in the way of color, flavor, texture....

Have fun!

• I have a recipe for a slime cake..if you want it let me know..or maybe cupcakes?

I will also see what else I can find!!