Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 04-08-2002, 08:11 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb splish splash party ideas

Hi there,
I am newer to these boards and I wasn't sure if you would like some info on having a splish splash party or if you were totally against it... Well I will post some of the ideas... If you want to use them they will be here...
DECORATIONS: No party is complete with an abundance of balloons. Attach balloons everywhere. It makes the party look so festive! As a centerpiece for the dinner table, use a large fish bowl filled with water and rocks and fill it with "live" gold fish. Then sprinkle some sand around the bowl on the table and place miniature shells and sea creatures in the sand. This will be a hit with the children!. On the food buffet table, Use a pineapple decorate it with fruit kabobs.(pierce the kabob sticks in all over the pineapple)
FOOD & DRINKS: Of course have Hawaiian Punch. As an added treat you can have "Cool Smoothies". Have a small table set up with a blender, ice, sodas, juice, milk, fruit, yogurts, and etc. Each guest is able to choose their own ingredients for their special smoothie. Of course our the little ones need to be assisted by their parents. As a main course,have a BBq feast complete with burgers, hot dogs, BBQ chicken, fruit bowl, pasta salad, potato salad, and corn on the Cobb.
DESSERT/SNACK: Make "beach party cups". Use instant vanilla pudding and crushed vanilla wafers or graham cracker and a gumball put the vanilla pudding in a small clear plastic drinking cup then sprinkle the crushed wafers or graham cracker which represents "sand" and place a gumball on top of the sand as a "beach ball". Then stick in small paper drink umbrellas to add the finishing touches. Fill some cups with lemon meringue pie filling instead of the vanilla pudding- how yummy!Make up some delicious "Sea Crunch". This is a combination of honey teddy grahams, small pretzel sticks, M&Ms, raisins, cheese goldfish crackers. The children love it!
ACTIVITY CENTERS: Not only are the kids allowed to splash around in the pool but set up centers that the children could go to with the assistance of their parents
"Sand Jars": Clean out small baby food jars for this activity. You can substitute with store bought glass jars. Purchase different flavors of presweetened cool-aid to replace the sand. Fill the jars with different flavors . After layering the cool aide use toothpicks to make designs.Seal the jars with the lids and write the child's name on the jar with a colorful paint pen
"Super Cool Sun visors": purchase some inexpensive sun visors at a dollar store. Each child is able to make a personalized visor using paint pens, stickers and rhinestones
"Bubble Mania": Here is a great recipe for homemade bubbles. Mix 1 gallon of water, 1/2 cup Joy dish washing liquid and 1/4 glycerin( found in local pharmacy). Mix in a bowl or small bucket.Provide bubble wands and bubble blowers.
PARTY FAVORS:Send each child off with a personalized sand bucket with shovel. You can fill it with their treasures and crafts . Supply them with some of the homemade bubbles in a sealed jar and a wand, sidewalk chalk, inexpensive sunglasses and a snack sized ziplock bag filled with some of the "Sea Crunch"
Well now that I told you some more ideas.. I really hope you have a splashing time at the party.. Let me know if you need anything else!! Take Care.. HAPPY SPLISH SPLASH BIRTHDAY!!! ANG
Old 04-09-2003, 11:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Love this thread! We have a huge backyard pool and I will definitely be using some of these ideas. My oldest dgd has a birthday in late July but we always do her birthday in June due to summer vacation. It's hard to get all those kids together over summer break. I was wondering what we should do for her birthday party this year and now I know!

Thanks!
Jayne

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member