Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 06-15-2004, 07:23 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb Unique 1st birthday cake idea

We just celebrated my DS's 1st Birthday. We decided to go with the Sesame Street 1st Birthday theme which included Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster. It was hard to find a cake of all of them. So, I went on Ebay and found a mini cake pan that had Big Bird and Cookie Monster on them for aroun $5.00. My DH decorates cakes for fun, so he cooked the cakes and decorated them for everyone. Everyone was able to enjoy their own piece of cake, no cutting required and the B-day boy had his own cake as well. We served it with the ice-cream cups. This was so much easier and less hectic. DH had actually decorated the cakes on the plates so he didn't have to transfer them.
Hope this info helps anyone planning a party. I have noticed a lot of mini cake pans coming out.

Old 06-15-2004, 08:21 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

sound cool you could do cupcakes to in the blue for cookie monster and then put choc chip for eyes lol there is all kinds of ways to come up with ideals for this lol
Old 06-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

How about cake ideas for a jungle themed party for a little girl? I don't want things to get too "boyish" but she loves animals, and I want to do face painting, then all the kids can have tiger faces painted on and such.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~

Old 06-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

hey i have this book called shindigz you canget good idelas on here the web site iswww. birthdayzbyshindigz.com this will help use your inmagantion ok if i come up with some think i willpost itok
Old 06-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

hey came up with some think take a round cake get with frosting use food coloring color it orange then get coconut color it a little darker orange for the hair get choc chip for eyes and black pull and peels for the whiskers and red bites for nose ihope you understand what am saying
Old 06-20-2004, 09:14 AM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

That sounds cute, it never even occured to me to make it furry! I think that I will make a round cake and two ramekin cakes for ears... I love the pull and peel idea too. I used licorice for Emmys lady bug cake antenae and licorice coins upside down for the lady bug spots it was soooo cute! If I ever develop the pics (Yes, from a year ago!) then I will post them.

~*It's okay to fall down...it's just not okay to lie there!*~