Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Consumer Corner > Children's Products

Old 10-31-2008, 09:46 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Fisher-Price Spike the Ultra Dinosaur

Spike the Ultra Dinosaur brings prehistoric adventures right into the living room! This life-like, remote controlled Dinosaur is the “ultimate” must-have dinosaur for kids. It comes to life as it walks forward, turns left or right, opens its mouth, blinks its eyes, stands up on its hind legs and even throws a boulder. The Dinosaur’s neck also rotates and, when it stands up, the spikes on its back light up as if it’s going to attack. It also features cool dinosaur sound effects and motions that make this Dinosaur seem like the real thing! The dinosaur stands 27 inches tall. Includes 1 9.6 volt rechargeable battery (a $25 value). Requires 3 “AA” batteries, not included.

Spike the Ultra Dinosaur is recommended for children ages 3 through 10.

Spike the Ultra Dinosaur is available in toy departments now. It retails for about $129.99.
Attached Images

Old 11-02-2008, 12:58 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This toy is definitely a hit in my house! My 6-year-old son put it through all its paces. It can walk, swing its head around and roar. It has a button to turn off the sounds, AND the spikes on its back light up. The dinosaur has walked all over our first floor and we even took it outside to check it out.

Of course the kids LOVE the roaring sounds it makes, and the background "drum" music as well.

My 12-year-old daughter also agrees that it's an awesome toy. She was having a lot of fun with it as well. In fact, she called our neighbor to send their son over so he could see it. This kid is going to want to kidnap the dinosaur. My husband is building block towers so the kids can have the dinosaur knock them over.

Spike the dinosaur is big and heavy! If a child wants to play with it outside, a grownup will have to carry it.

The rechargeable battery must charge for 4 hours before you can play with this toy. One thing about the battery that I did not like is that the battery compartment can only be opened with a screwdriver (a slightly smaller than normal Phillips screwdriver). Because the battery will have to go in and out frequently, this is kind of a pain.

Spike can knock over block towers and "chomp" the toy bone and boulders that came in the box. The kids are having a great time with this toy.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My older son has a bunch of friends here right now and they're having a great time playing with this dinosaur
Old 11-05-2008, 06:28 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I've got a dd who likes dinos but the price may be too much for a toy for us, we'll have to wait for a garage sale!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."