Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Home & Garden > Consumer Corner > Children's Products

Old 10-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
CALAFANT Cardboard Toys and Crafts

CALAFANT Cardboard Toys and Crafts

Creative Toyshop offers the full range of CALAFANT cardboard toys and crafts from small dinosaurs, race cars and carriages to larger palaces, tree houses and pirate ships. Over 20 models cater to boys and girls ages 3 - 9. The toys come in white, 100% recyclable cardboard and are easy to build and decorate. All models are sturdy enough to be played with for a long time, after which they can be folded down for storage or recycled.

"The driving force behind bringing these toys to the US market was my own kids' reaction to them," says McConnon. "They loved putting their own personality into decorating their toys, and have integrated them into their play world using their dolls and action figures."

McConnon, a former business woman who was looking for her next challenge as her kids enter school age, has found Creative Toyshop to be a perfect fit. "As a mother, entrepreneur, and concerned citizen, this fit the bill in all areas: kids love the toys, they are unique in the US market, and they are recyclable. With the amount of toys our kids receive throughout their childhood, I hope to provide more eco-friendly choices that are both creative and fun."

Creative Toyshop currently imports and sells CALAFANT toys online, at wholesale to specialty toy and museum stores, and for pre-school and elementary school fundraisers.

Key Features:
- Encourages creativity
- Easy to build, fun to decorate
- Long-term play value (it's a craft AND a toy!)
- Recyclable

Pricing:
- Small items $6.99
- Medium items $ 14.99
- Large items $24.99

For more information please visit: http://www.creativetoyshop.com.

I tested two of their products. Both are pictured below:

Pirate Ship
Ahoy! This pirate ship is ready for new adventures
in no time - decorate it in your very own colors. 12
washable, non-toxic markers included. Approximate
size: 10" x 8" x 5".

Palace
Absolutely stunning castle for princesses, fairies,
knights and kings. Create & play: the castle's size
is ideal for play with dolls such as the ones from
Polly Pocket, PLAYMOBIL and Schleich. Doors and
gates open, and there are two full rooms on the
backside. Approximate dimensions: 18" x 13" x 18"
Attached Images

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 10-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
My kids could not wait to try these out when they arrived.

My son immediately opened the pirate ship. After looking over the pieces, he put it together rather quickly in just a couple of minutes. The ship is made of very sturdy white cardboard and has an pirate ship design printed on it. Markers are included so he was ready to begin decorating it.

My daughter and I sat down to assemble the princess castle. I found it to be quite a bit more time consuming. First of all, this thing is BIG. It definitely got the "Wow" reaction from my 5 yr. old.

Again, it's made from heavy duty white cardboad. There are many pieces to put together. One improvement that I might suggest is for the company to number the cardboard pieces and not just the picture directions. I didn't find the directions to be very helpful. Thankfully assembling the pieces were pretty self explanitory. If you follow their suggestion and make sure to fold the edges out on the cardboard when putting the castle pieces together, it will stay together as one big unit and not fall apart.

There are no paints included in this project. All decorations must be supplied by you. There are many sample pictures on their website for you to see.

She hasn't decorated the castle yet (it's going to be a weekend project) but she can't wait to get started on it! For the meantime, she was satisfied to play with her little dolls in it just the way it was.

I will post pics of both of them once they are finished.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!