Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Children's Health Ask other parents for their advice and learn from their experiences!

Old 06-20-2005, 02:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thanks ajrsmom, I guess I was reading too fast. I just couldn't imagine taking lysterine. Blech. I have heard of the L-lysine, but not for this use. Handy to know. My ds used to get them when he was smaller, but I can't remember the last time he had one. This is all good information to know.
Old 06-20-2005, 07:11 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

There is a blood test that will conferm whether or not this is either allergy related or the herpies virus. I was born with the non-sexually transmitted type. At first, the doctor's thought I had thrush. As the years went on, and I had sores in my mouth everyday of my life and was in misery, my dentist gave me an anti-biotic and another med that is like Oragel. It helped with the pain, but did not reduce or get rid of them.

When my children were in high school a doctor ran a blood test because he had never seen so many mouth sores. I tested positive for it and he have me Valtrex--which DID get rid of them. I have also found that Abreva works really well for the sores on the face.

Now, here's the GREATEST stuff in the world--colloidal silver and it is safe for children! I make my own because the store-bought stuff is really expensive! It can be purchased in health food stores. I also believe that it can be bought on the Internet. BEWARE--some places will swear that it cures everything--which it does not! The way it works it that when a virus comes into contact with silver, it dies. I only drink it when I've either been exposed to a virus or I feel that I am coming down with something. It is considered a natural anti-biotic. It kills the virus that causes the sores. I have not had a single herpies sore in several years!

Good luck!
Old 06-21-2005, 12:52 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi DeBora, I, too have heard of colloidal silver, thanks for reminding me about it...how do you make your own?
Old 06-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

snowmoonelk, I hope that I can explain this in such a way that makes sense. If not, I will be happy to make a drawing and scan and send it.

You'll have to ask a jeweler to order you some .999% pure silver. Mine actually orders for a lot of people who make it, so he knows what I want. You'll also need 3 9-volt batteries and 2 wires with clips on each end. You can get the wires at Radio Shack. You'll need a cup. (I use a coffee cup.) Finally, you'll need filtered water. You do want the good water.

Now, Connect the batteries together, 2 on bottom and 1 on top. Negative to positive. You'll have 1 positive and 1 negative left over. Hook a wire to each neg and pos. I usually cut 2 pieces of silver that are about 3-4 inches long each. Clip a piece of silver to each wire. Pour the water in a cup. Then, put the silver in the water without them touching each other. I brew mine for about 15 minutes or 30 if I feel that I really need it. I clean my silver with a little vinegar and water. After many brewings, the silver will become so thin that you cannot use it anymore. My silver usually costs about $18 and lasts over a year. The store bought stuff costs anywhere from $25 to $75--depending on how many parts per million that you want.

The main thing that you need to know is that the silver water will look nasty because you cannot filter out the impurities from the negative charge. It will not hurt you. It's like the burnt stuff on grilled meat.

I discovered this when my daughter, who was then a sophomore in high school was ill with the stomach virus. He friend's mother gave her this and by the next morning she was over it. It was the 3 day kind and my daughter came down with the the evening before. It's just wonderful stuff!
Old 06-23-2005, 05:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Yes lysine does work!

I have been suffering from dreaded cold sores since I was 5 years old! Any time I was stressed....out they'd pop. I would get not just one...but many horrible looking things all over my lips.
Just a few years ago I read about lysine and started taking 500 mg a day. Sometimes I'll take 1000 mg during stressful times and during menstruation. (This used to be a trigger)
I think it's fantastic to take lysine to prevent outbreaks!
Old 06-23-2005, 03:57 PM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thank you so much for explaining that, DeBora, I know colloidal silver has many uses so I look forward to experimenting myself...
Old 06-23-2005, 07:44 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Let me know Snow, if you need further explaination as to how to make this. I know that a drawing isn't as good as a discription. Good luck and let us know how you are doing.

Good Luck,

DeBora