Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-15-2002, 06:47 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Inexpensive boy b-day gift ideas

My sons have 3 b-day parties to go to next week. Between that and all the showers and weddings we've had this summer, our gift budget is shot! I'm looking for fun, yet inexpensive gift ideas for a 6 yo boy and a 3 yo boy. Thanks ladies!

Blessings,

Angela
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26
Old 08-23-2002, 08:55 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

One of my favorite things to get for kids b-days is craft kits. These are easier to find for girls but if you have a Michael's craft store around they have great kids craft kits for $5-$10. They also have those posters that you color with markers that have the black fuzzy stuff on them. Those are pretty cheap also. I think I have seen a good selection of those at Walgreen's also.
Old 08-24-2002, 05:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ohboy...it's been a long time since i had those problems...

How about a McD's coupon book or gift certificate....

Or..sometimes, you can get videos for children at a very reasonable price....

Books......

coloring book/crayons......

board games on sale
Old 08-26-2002, 11:36 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

marbels, clay, a gold fish in a cheap bowl from the dollar store, or yard sale, believe it or not checkers, a simple but large jigsaw puzzel, fishing pole and promise to take fishing(old fashion cane pole type, only works if you know of a private fishing hole so you will not have to buy a lic) art supplies, hulla hoop, disposable camera all his own, try to think of simple things you enjoyed as a child. Remember most kids rather have the boxes to fancy toys came in to make up their own things, even today.
Old 08-28-2002, 05:03 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

chuckle Howdy!!

I know that I dread my own kids' birthdays beacuse they already have so much stuff they really don't need anything else! I like consumables! I love it when people get them SNACKS!!! Fun snacks that I don't normally buy because they are a little bit more money. But kids go crazy for Teddy Grahams and Go-gurts and Oreo's. They have healthy gummy snacks that are really good, and all kinds of kid-geared juice drinks. It doesn't have to be total junk. Then the kids get a fun treat that they don't normally get, and I don't have to continually pick it up off the floor. !! I love it when everyone wins. Lisa

Old 08-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Great idea, Lisa E.! I never would have thought of that even though I have a couple over-indulged children myself!

Lisa
Old 08-30-2002, 12:59 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Birthday Buckets

Make a birthday bucket. Buy a plastic sand bucket and fill it with crayons, paper, scissors, markers, playdough, etc. or sand/water toys or cars and trucks, etc. My favorite is the school supplies. Especially this time of year.
Old 08-31-2002, 04:43 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Cheap Birthday Gifts

Boy, what great ideas for gifts! I really liked the fill the sand pail idea - cute and not too expensive. Heck, that would make a cute adult gift for someone going on a honeymoon or vacation to the beach. The craft kits are also a great idea and I think any child would like a fish and fish bowl (maybe not the parents, but the child would surely enjoy it). Thanks for the great ideas.
Old 09-05-2002, 06:23 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I'm in the same boat with my daughter and her many birthday invitations. What I started doing was buying those disposable cameras in bulk through Costco or even at the Navy Exchange. They usually run about $6. Then I go to the $.99 store or other discount store to buy a small photo album. Kids love to take pictures.
Old 09-07-2002, 12:46 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks to all you ladies for the super ideas. I am well prepared now to face the birthday present blues!!

Blessings,

Angela
"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26