Pumpkin Roll Recipes (many varieties)

• I need a recipe for (I believe they're called) Pumpkin Rolls. They're rolled 'pinwheel' style with a cream cheese mixture filling. Does anyone know what I'm talking about???

Thanks in advance
  • Hi MomsZoo, here is mine. I get requests for these every Holiday season, I usually make several at a time because they are so messy to make, I always have powdered sugar all over. Enjoy

Pumpkin Roll-up

3/4 cup flour
    1 cup sugar
    1 t. baking soda
    2 t. pumpkin pie spice
    1 cup pumpkin
    3 eggs
    1 t. lemon juice
    2 T. confectioners sugar

Filling

1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup butter
    1 t. vanilla
    1 cup confectioners sugar

Directions
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees . Grease and flour a 9x13 inch jelly roll pan or cookie sheet. Line pan with wax paper. [some dont use the wax paper but I find it alot easier]

In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking soda, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in pumpkin, eggs, and lemon juice. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Spread the mixture evenly.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.

Lay a linen towel on the counter, sprinkle it with confectioner's sugar, and turn the cake onto the towel. Carefully roll the towel up (lengthwise) with the cake in it. Place the cake-in-towel on a cooling rack and let it cool for 20 minutes.

Blend cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and sugar.

When the cake has cooled 20 minutes, unroll it and spread icing onto it. Immediately re-roll (not in the towel this time), and wrap it with plastic wrap. Keep the cake refrigerated or freeze it for up to 2 weeks in aluminum foil. Cut the cake in slices just before serving.
  • Thank you so much!!!

That's exactly what I'm looking for ~ and thanks for the detailed instructions, the recipe I saw before wasn't real clear on the whole towel thing!! Thanks again!

• I think you will enjoy the pumpkin rolls! My recipe is just a little different, but I'm sure the end results are the same. With my recipe I can get 5 pumpkin rolls out of the large can of pumpkin. So I always make sure I have the ingredents on hand so I can do extras. If you have extra cookie sheets,you can work on one while one is in the oven. It will take almost the amont of time to mix as the other one is baking! I make all 5 wrapping in the towels as they get done, then I mix all the cream cheese mixture and divide it among the 5. Its also great to use Bakers Joy on your cookie sheets.

Vikki
  • Pumpkin Roll
    ;-) PUMPKIN ROLL
    Beat 3 eggs at high speed for 3 min. Gradually beat in 1 cup sugar, stir in 2/3 cup pumpkin and 1 tsp. lemon juice.
    Mix together and add to the first mixture: 3/4 cup flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 2 tsp. cinnamon, 1 tsp. ginger, 1/2 tsp. nutmeg, 1/2 tsp. salt.
    Pour whole mixture into a well greased and floured 15x10x1 in. jellyroll pan. top with 1 cup finely chopped nuts.
    Bake at 375 degrees for 15 min.
    Turn out on towel sprinkled with powdered sugar. Start rolling at one end, rolling towel and cake together. Cool. unroll for filling. (let it cool for a couple hrs)

FILLING
    1 CUP POWDERED SUGAR
    6 OZ. CREAM CHEESE
    4 tBS BUTTER OR MARGARINE 1/2 tsp. VANILLA
    Mix well and spread over cake. Roll up cake, put towel around outside, and chill.

Enjoy, this is really yummy.

annette
  • pumkin roll cake
    Cake:
    3 Eggs,
    1 cup Sugar,
    2/3 cup cooked pumpkin
    1 teaspoon lemon juice,
    3/4 cup flour,
    1 teaspoon baking powder,
    2 teaspoons cinnamon,
    1 teaspoon ginger,
    1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
    1/2 teaspoon salt.
    To make cake, beat eggs in mixing bowl at high speed for 5 minutes; beat in sugar until blended. Stir in pumpkin and lemon juice. Combine flour, baking powder, spices and salt; fold into pumpkin mixture. Spread in greased and floured 15-in.x10-in.x1-in. jelly roll pan. Bake at 375 degree for 15 minutes.
    Remove cake from oven;turn out on clean linen towel liberally dusted with confectioners sugar. Starting at narrow end, roll towel and cake together; cool.

For filling:
    1 cup comfectioners sugar,
    2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese
    4 tablespoon of butter
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
    Combine ingredients and mixing until smooth.
    Unroll cooled cake; spread with filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll back up; chill. Dust with additional confectioners' sugar before serving.
  • hello vikki id like your recipe for five at a time i have to make at least five when i make i get lots of orders for these this tiem oif year thanks !!!!!
  • Hi sugar_n_spice,
    My recipe is almost the same as Leigh's. The only difference in the batter is I use pumpkin pie spice in place of all the spices. I use 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice & 3/4 tsp. cinnamon. I also add a dash of vanilla.
    The recipes that call for 2/3 cup of pumpkin will allow you to make 5 batches of batter out of one large can of pumpkin. I don't mix the cakes up all at one time,I just mix one right after I put one in the oven,until I have all 5 done. Then I mix : 5cups powdered sugar, 5-8oz.pkg. cream cheese,
    2tsp. vanilla & 2 sticks softened margarine together and then I unroll all the rolls and divide the filling between them.

Vikki
  • Pumpkin Orange Roll
    Originally posted by lworth in the Nov 2002 WFD thread.

Pumpkin Orange Roll
    courtesy of "Very best baking"

powdered sugar
    1 16 oz package of angel food cake mix
    2 1/2 tsp grated orange peel, divided
    1 1/4 c pumpkin puree
    1/2 c sugar
    1 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 c powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. Line 15x10 jelly roll pan with foil. Lay a towel flat on counter and sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Prepare cake mix according to package directions adding 1 1/2 tsp of orange peel just before pouring into prepared pan.

Bake for 25 min. or until top springs back when touched. Immediately turn cake onto prepared towel. Peel off foil. Roll up cake and towel together, starting at short end. Cool on wire rack

Combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and remaining orange peel. Carefully unroll cake, remove towel. Spread pumpkin mixture over cake. Reroll. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Slice and serve.

If not serving immediately, wrap in plastic and put in frig. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and slice just before serving. This also tastes good with a dollop of whipped cream.
  • Moms Pumpkin Roll
    Originally posted by BoggsZ in October 2003
    What's for Dinner Thread.

Moms Pumpkin Roll

3 eggs
    1c.Sugar
    1Tablespoon lemon juice
    3/4 c.flour
    1tsp baking powder
    2 tsp ginger
    1/2 tsp netmeg
    1/2 tsp salt
    2/3 cup Pumpkin

Beat eggs well then add sugar and lemon juice.
    Beat well mix together flour, baking soda, spices
    and salt. Add to egg mixture beat until smooth.
    Fold Pumpkin into batter until well blended spread
    batter onto a 11 by 15 well greased cookie sheet.
    Sprinkle chopped nuts on top ( if you like nuts).
    Bake in a 350 oven for 15 min. Sprinkle a dish towel
    with confectionary(powder) sugar after taking the
    pan out of the oven turn it out on the towel roll it
    up and let it cool.

After it is completly cool make the filling.

1c powder sugar
    1/2 package cream cheese
    1/2 stick butter
    1tsp vanilla

Beat all ingredients together until fluffy Spread on
    cool pumpkin roll and roll back up Put in Fridge for
    1 hour after chilling take out slice you off a piece
    and ENJOY.

My family loves this at Thanksgiving