FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Cakes (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/cakes/)
-   -   Chocolate Cake In A Mug (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/cakes/23876-chocolate-cake-mug.html)

Sandy1970 09-25-2008 06:58 AM

Chocolate Cake In A Mug

1 coffee mug
4 Tbsp. flour (plain flour, not self-rising)
4 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. baking cocoa
1 egg
3 Tbsp. milk
3 Tbsp. oil
3 Tbsp. chocolate chips (optional)
Small splash of vanilla
Spray the mug with cooking spray & add dry ingredients; mix well. Add the egg & mix thoroughly. Pour in the milk & oil & mix well. Add the chocolate chips if using & vanilla & mix again. Microwave for 3 minutes at 1,000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug but don't be alarmed. Let cool.
*I made this today to take to work & it's good. It did not overflow. I don't remember if my microwave is 1,000 watts but it turned out fine anyway. Definately a keeper.

Bilby 04-26-2009 01:50 PM

Sounds quick and easy, congrats

harleychic 04-26-2009 03:07 PM

Sandy, once I figured out what I wasn't doing right, this recipe came out fantastic!
:clp:
The first three tries I made in different sizes of coffee cups. I should have realized that a coffee "mug" was not necessarily a coffee cup. :frypan:
When I finally realized that was my problem, :ugh2: I got one of my Campbell soup mugs and made my delicious chocolate cake in a mug. It came out perfect!
:woohoo:

I opted not to use the chocolate chips. For a splash of vanilla, I put in 1/4 tsp. of vanilla. It was a perfect amount for me. I wasn't sure if I should put the egg in without beating it, so I beat it with a fork in a separate bowl and then poured it in the mug.

I like the cake when it's warm the best. By the time it was cooled off, it was all in my stomach.
:hungryyy:
I think some icing on top would give it a little pizzazz and I will try that the next time.

This recipe is awesome :) and its perfect for someone like me living alone and wanting something sweet. It's not too much and none will be wasted; I won't gain too much weight because I'm not eating a whole cake by myself! It is perfect for taking to work to eat.

Sandy, I agree. This recipe is a KEEPER and I will be making it alot, especially when I have a craving for chocolate (my biggest weakness. LOL) Thanks for sharing this recipe.
:rock:

A suggestion I have is to make a note at the end of the recipe to clarify if the mug is a coffee cup or other type of mug. I have friends that want the recipe and I want to be able to tell them the correct type of mug to use.

harleychic 04-26-2009 03:15 PM

I forgot to mention that the main reason I selected this recipe (other than the fact that I like chocolate so much) is that it was so easy and didn't take up alot of time. It only took me about 10 minutes to fix and 3 minutes to cook ~~ in a microwave! Thanks again, Sandy.

HAPPY6 04-26-2009 04:21 PM

This sounds yummy! Sounds quick and easy, I'll be trying this soon. Congrats!!!!!!!!

WendyMichelle 04-26-2009 08:38 PM

I have tried several of the cake in a mug recipes and all were delicious...

seleach 04-26-2009 08:46 PM

Congrats Sandy1970, I am going to be making this. I am the only who eats chocolate cake in this house. It will be perfect for me.

Thanks Lisa for being a recipe tester and testing this recipe.

Sandy1970 05-01-2009 09:19 AM

Thanks

Thanks for the blue ribbon. I'm thrilled that it was such a big hit. I make it often. My daughter makes it for herself too and experiments with different ingerdients.
I hope everyone has a good weekend.
Sandy1970

Happily Retired 05-01-2009 12:16 PM

When I made the cake in the mug, I found I needed a little salt to bring out more flavor. Did anyone else feel that way?

apricot 05-01-2009 08:21 PM

Congrats. Someone had sent me a cake in a mug recipe last Crhistmas and I accidentally deleted it before trying, so am so glad you posted this recipe, and especially a chocolate one. My dh always drinks his coffee in a Campbell's soup mug, so I have the right size mug and am going to try it this weekend.