Nobby Apple Cake - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 06-03-2002, 12:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Nobby Apple Cake

Originally posted by ronsan

Nobby Apple Cake

1/2 cup oleo
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups chopped/diced apple (peeled or not, your choice)
1 cup broken nuts (optional, but really good!)

Cream together the oleo (old recipe ~ we call it margarine now), sugar and eggs. Sift together flour, baking soda, cloves and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture and mix thoroughly. Stir in chopped apple and nuts. DO NOT ADD LIQUID. Spread in a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.

Notes: Great recipe for using up apple slices the kids didn't finish or apples that are over-ripened.

This is a really moist cake and keeps well. You can serve it warm or cold , plain or drizzled with powdered sugar glaze ~ it's still good any way you fix it.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:01 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Lightbulb What's For Supper Tonight?....

Let's see... I think I'm going to put a ham in the oven and then later put it on top of the stove and make homemade ham potpie. I'll probably have green beans, asparagus or broccoli on the side and maybe peaches, pears or fruit ****tail for a lighter desert since the potpie will weigh us down. :p My husband eats his potpie with finely chopped onions on it. I like red wine vinegar on mine.

I love this topic. It's great to see what's for dinner all over the US! Let's keep this one going... there are some terrific ideas!
Old 07-26-2002, 03:46 PM
Nine Year Member

Made my favorite, Bottom Round Beef Roast in the Showtime BBQ. It came out nice and juicy. It spins around giving it a nice golden color. Also made breaded eggplant slices. Cook that in my electric wok. Cooks fast with out much oil. Made brocolli in my turbo cooker on top of the stove. Always like a lettuce & tomato salad to finish off the meal. Just had pineapple slices for desert. Good thing my DH likes to wash the dishes & pots otherwise I would not bother cooking all this.
Old 07-26-2002, 04:40 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

-What's for dinner?...

All these different meals sound great. I am supposed to be watching my cholesterol but it's so hard when you have a family to cook for. -And I love to cook! I seem to get into "ruts", though. You know, always cooking the same old stuff. My 4 boys and husband are "meat and potatoes" guys. I love pasta.

If you have any tasty low-fat recipes I'd love to see them. Here's a recipe that's not necessarily low-fat but a sneaky way I get a little spinach into my kids (you don't even know it! It looks like parsley!):

Turkey Meatloaf

10oz. pkg. frozen chopped spinach
bread crumbs (I use Italian)
1 onion finely chopped
1 T oil (I use olive or canola)
2 eggs (large)
1/2 c milk
1 1/2 t dried basil
2 t salt
1 t pepper
2 lbs. ground turkey
2 t lemon juice
1/2 c ketchup
2 T butter

Thaw spinach. Heat oven to 350. Butter a large baking pan. (I use Pam cooking spray.) Cook onion in oil until soft, about 2 minutes. Whisk eggs with milk, basil, salt and pepper. Add spinach, onion, turkey, bread crumbs and lemon juice and mix well. Turn mixture out into baking pan and form it into a 9" x 5" loaf. Brush with ketchup and bake 30 minutes. Melt butter. Baste loaf with butter and continue to bake, basting occasionally, until well browned, 30-35 minutes.
Old 08-04-2002, 09:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Pinkie Winky

I love this site, and so happy to be a member of it. It is my very favorite. There are so many subjects, and I could spend all day on here! Anyhow, lets keep this meal ideas on the roll. I think from time to time, we all get in the rut"what should I fix for dinner tonight."
Tonight we are having chicken casserole, salad and home made bread. Having chocolate cake for dessert, as we need to eat it up.
Old 09-15-2002, 12:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Hi everyone!

Tonight we are having one of those Campbell's Supper Bakes ( the CHeesy chicken one). It's one of our daughter's favorite. THose are pretty good if you haven't tried it. Didn't make anything for dessert but that Nobby Apple cake sounds good.

Happy Eating!

Stacy
Old 10-26-2002, 07:01 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pinkie Winky

Tomorrow being Sunday, I really like to go all out and make a special meal for the family. I would like to share my Chicken Parmigiana recipe with all of you.

Kerry's Chicken Parmigiana Italiano
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup parmigiana cheese (you may used the canned,it still tastes great!)
1.5 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/2 cup margarine or butter, (didn't say it was fat-free,lol)
1 egg
1 cup H2O
Your own homemade tomato sauce, or store bought if you wish
Shredded Mozzarella cheese, or sliced will work fine too.
1 box Linguini pasta

1. Melt the margarine and mix with the parmigiana cheese, Italian breadcrumbs.
2. Beat the egg, then mix with the H2O. Bathe the chicken in the egg wash.
3. After each chicken breast has been egg washed, hand pat the breadcrumb mixture onto each side. Place into large baking dish.
4. Cook the chicken with the breadcrumbs on it for about 1/2 hr. or until done at 350 degrees.
5. Cover completely with the tomato sauce, and let cook for another 5 minutes or so.
6. Cover the chicken breast with the mozzarella cheese and cook until cheese has nicely browned. Serve over cooked linguini.
7. Plan to add this to next week's menu, they will want more!
8. Makes excellent sandwiches, IF you have leftovers!