Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Breads, Muffins, & Rolls There's nothing like the aroma of fresh baked bread or rolls. Tons of muffin, roll, bread and pastry recipes can be found here.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:56 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Thanks Aubry!!!!!!!!!

I have been wanting to make my own bread for awhile but all the recipies look so time consuming. This one looks very simple and healthy too. Thanks!
Old 03-14-2002, 11:59 AM
FamilyCorner Admirer

Thanks lworth!!
Thats sounds like the poptart receipe I was looking for!!
Old 03-19-2002, 09:34 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ooh--a new poptart recipe! Looks a lot easier than the one I tried before--what a mess that was!!

I do bake almost all of our bread--though I try to have a few store-bought loaves stashed away, just in case lol. I make rolls and dessert breads, breadsticks, and pretzels in my bread machine. I tried making bagels, but think I will just buy them from now on--we don't eat enough of them to warrant the hassle of making them!

I was a little nervous about sending ds to school with a hm bread sandwich, but he likes it and none of the other kids seemed to notice. The teacher asked me about it, though--she had tried to make bread and it didn't turn out so she wanted some advice! She has complimented me several times about the things I send in his lunch being homemade--"It's so nice to see a parent CARING about their child's diet." That in itself is enough to keep me baking, especially since I found the secret to cutting bread thin enough for sandwiches--slice them the day after they are baked and they don't shred or turn to crumbs!
Old 08-06-2002, 06:22 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

cornbread

Raggedymom, Hi! I just came across your post about a kind of cornbread youj make. I would love to have your recipe, I live in Texas and was raised on the stuff. Thanks, Lori
Old 09-11-2002, 08:44 AM
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh please, Raggedymom, post your cornbread recipe!! I ate that a lot as a child and no one I know now has any clue what I'm talking about!

I bake almost all our bread--I refuse to pay $2+ for a loaf at the store!! I stopped for a while when it got so hot--my fault for not freezing extra! But I'll be baking up a storm this weekend--bread, breadsticks, muffins, and pretzels(dh and ds love them in their lunch). I bought some of those "bagel bites" pizzas and am thinking about making some mini bagels for hm ones. They were expensive! But I wanted to be sure my family would eat them before I went through the hassle of making them.
Old 09-11-2002, 01:59 PM
A Member of the Family

My recipe was featured! Get yours featured too!
FamilyCorner Admirer

Location: The North Country in New York State. brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I've never had much luck with homemade biscuits. They taste good but aren't flakey enough to suit me. Any suggestions?

We must make our homes centers of
compassion and forgive endlessly.
~Mother Teresa
Old 04-26-2003, 09:46 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi all,
My Mother always made bread for all of us, and I just naturally started making bread.
I make all types of bread, rolls, french bread etc.
I have never found though a good recipe for biscuits that we are liked. Anyone have a good recipe for that.
We ate in a restaurant down in Georgia, and this gal made the most delicious biscuits. hmmm melt in your mout. The restaurant probably isn't even ther eanymore.
Happy Baking!
Petunia
Old 04-26-2003, 10:40 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Shawn,

What you do mean about "sommersizing?"
What is that?
Thanks.
Petunia,
Old 08-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I used to make breads from scratch

But I haven't in awhile. I wanted to buy the bread machine that makes 1 small dinner loaf, enough for 4 to 6 slices, which is enough for me and dd. I still may get it, I haven't gotten anything for myself in a long time.

I do make homemade biscuits, I used to make it every Saturday. I also make my own pancakes from scratch.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:30 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Leasmom
How do you make your biscuits? I am looking for a good homemade biscuit that is high and ight and good. Would like the recipe if you have one. Thanks. Petunia