Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Old Farmer's Almanac Everyday Cookbook

This season enjoy tasty new dishes and favorite classics with the wit and welcome of the first-ever OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC EVERYDAY COOKBOOK. In publication for more than200 years, The Old Farmer's Almanac warms hearts and home, providing invaluable information — including weather and crop forecasts, tide tables, news, and advice — to people all across America. Novice cooks and experienced home entertainers will find inspiration in these personable, flexible recipes gathered into OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC EVERYDAY COOKBOOK — more than 400 home-style dishes updated for busy lives and today's tastes — complemented by How-to and Fact boxes. Re-create childhood flavors with less fuss, learn to use leftovers efficiently, and expand your culinary repertoire with ethnic dishes sure to become family favorites. From Breakfasts and Brunch to Soups, Chowders, and Stews, from Breads and Desserts, to Canning and Preserving, from vegetarian to meat-based main dishes, THE OLD FARMER'S ALMANAC EVERYDAY COOKBOOK might just become your number one go-to cookbook. Recipes include Sweet Potato Chowder, Golden Raisin and Carrot Salad with Peanuts, Turkey Noodle Casserole, Quick Tomato Pork Stew, Best Barbeque Sauce, Summer Peach Crisp, and Snow Pudding.

About the Author
The Old Farmer's Almanac has been publishing all manner of useful information since 1792, from planting advice to sunrise tables, recipes, and weather outlooks. The organization is guided by the words of founder Robert B. Thomas: "Our main endeavor is to be useful, but with a pleasant degree of humor." More information is available at www.Almanac.com.
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 09-25-2008, 04:00 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Amanda, have you tried any of the recipes from this cookbook? Sounds like they would be some good "home style" recipes.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Sounds like some good "eatins" in that book. Can you buy it where they sell magazines like you can the regular Almanac?
Old 09-25-2008, 06:33 AM

Happy face

Oooooo!!!!!! I'll bet there are some real old recipes in this book! I'll have to look for it on the newstands where the Almanac is sold.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:13 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Amanda, do you have information on whether that is sold with the Farmer's Almanac stuff (magazines) or whether it is with the regular cookbooks?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:34 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The one that I received is a hard cover cookbook, so I assume it will be sold by the cookbooks.

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 09-25-2008, 10:35 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Oh, I do have it for sale in my amazon shop, but I only have one copy. The link is at the bottom of my sig

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 09-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Do the recipes call for cream soups, and canned products? Or is it true home cooking?
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilyCorner

More information is available at www.Almanac.com.
Checked out the website clicked on food. They have many recipes too choose from.
Thanks for bringing it to our attention.
_______
Sueanne

Old 09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebird
Do the recipes call for cream soups, and canned products? Or is it true home cooking?
True home cooking

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda