Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 03-07-2010, 12:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Sending Your Child to College: The Prepared Parent's Operational Manual

Your child is heading off to college and as parents you need to be informed and prepared. There 's so much to consider: campus safety, identity theft, HIPPA and privacy laws -- the list goes on and on. Step one is get organized and plan ahead.

But where can a confused parent turn to navigate the task of sending your child to college and keeping them safe?

Marie Pinak Carr has sent 3 daughters to college, and has written this invaluable book to help parents get everything handled without a hitch. Learn from Marie's experience (and her mistakes), plus that of her daughters, and you can drop your child off on campus knowing you have all your bases covered.

This mother-daughter team offers over 272 pages of tips and savvy advice. Ready to be a Prepared Parent?
This Book Includes Help With:

• Property insurance
  • Health care documents
  • Identity theft
  • Student safety
  • Traveling
  • Saving money while away
  • Dorm needs and shopping
  • Living green on campus
  • PLUS: Comprehensive checklists to make sure you don't miss a thing!

For more insight into the book, click here.

Suggested Retail Price: $15.95
Attached Images

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-07-2010, 12:37 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Although I don't have a child entering college just yet, as I flipped through the pages of the book I read so many great tips that I'm not sure that I would've thought of when the time does come for my son or daughter to head to college.

This book is full of great tips and ideas such as:

Everyone knows to pack a laundry bag or basket for dirty clothes, but few think to pack a good sewing kit so that simple repairs to clothes can be made on the spot.

Everyone worries about the food and meal plans but forgets the importance of daily vitamins

Everyone taking a car to campus thinks about jumper cables but you must also have an ice scraper ...even Houston, TX has ice storms.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!