FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Book Club (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/book-club/)
-   -   OCTOBER 2016 Book Club (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/book-club/32774-october-2016-book-club.html)

fish3711 09-28-2016 07:03 AM

OCTOBER 2016 Book Club

3 Attachment(s)
It's that 'spooktactular' time of year!! I love the fall season the most and I love Halloween!!
What book or books are you reading this month?

As always - feel free to answer the poll question if you want! It's not mandatory - it's just for fun.

SanDansMom 10-12-2016 11:22 AM

I am reading Loves Music, Loves to Dance by Mary Higgins Clark. Fifteen years ago, a 19 year old girl disappeared. Since then, other young women have been killed, and no one knows if it's a serial killer or copycats. Some of their bodies have been found, and they all have on one fabulous dancing shoe, and one of their own shoes or boots. Who did it, and who will be next?

I haven't posted for awhile but I have been reading. Anyone read A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket? I have read 11 of them, and had to take a break.

I am also rereading the Father Tim books by Jan Karon.

bar_bar 10-28-2016 09:08 AM

Reading a workbook on grief, learning the do and don't in leading a grief group.
Last night it was about what to do in your second session when it doesn't seem to be going aS well as it did on the first night. How to help others to open up to talk about grief.
It's been interesting and educational.. and this is why I am reading it..
don't know if these kind of books will count or not..

SanDansMom 11-01-2016 01:16 PM

I finished Loves Music, Loves to Dance in October. I did not figure out whodunit. I was sure, too! Mary Higgins Clark is one of my favorite authors, and she did not disappoint this time, either.

VicRae 03-12-2017 03:33 PM

Hi,

I just finished reading Skylar's outlaw by Linda Warren it's a Harlequin Super Romance. Skylar, the youngest Belle daughter, is known as the rebellious sister. But her days of sowing wild oats are over -- now her life's about running the family ranch and keeping her four year old daughter safe. And Skylar doesn't feel very safe around Cooper Yates. High Five's foreman...and a former criminal.
Cooper can't shake his reputation as an outlaw. Being framed for a crime he didn't commit is one thing. A stubborn boss lady making him feel he doesn't belong on the ranch--the only home he's known for years--is another. But when danger threatens her daughter, Cooper has a chance to show Skylar what really separates the good guys from the bad.

This book was intriguing. A good family adventure book.

Vicky

VicRae 03-12-2017 04:14 PM

Read another Harlequin book in the Intrigue series.

Investigating Christmas by Debra Webb and Regan Black.

This super rich Tech Tycoon will do anything to keep the love of his life and her family safe this Christmas.

When the woman who left him comes back desperate for help, sexy billionaire Rush Grayson is thrilled. He still wants and needs Lucy Gaines, but Lucy only needs his professional help--to rescue her abducted sister and nephew. The strong willed independent woman thinks she's over Rush. She'd never be foolish enough to fall for a man incapable of love.

But as Rush and Lucy begin a harrowing race against time to free her family, the fire between them blazes. Now they must use Rush's brilliant invention to outwit the ruthless kidnapper, or neither will live to see a Christmas family reunion....

This book was full of suspension.

Vicky

VicRae 06-18-2017 12:24 PM

Hi, I thought that I would post about the book I just finished yesterday now since I have more time on my hands.

Just finished the "Wedding Cake War" by LYNNA BANNING.

Extra Extra! Mail Order Brides Compete To See Who Can Deliver!

That should be the headline in the Gazette, Lolly Mayfield swore. Here she'd gotten up the gumption to answer an ad, only to find herself competing for bride status against two other women, with Kellen Macready as the extremely eligible---and very masculine---prize.

If it weren't for charity, Kellen Macready would never have agreed to be the grand prize in a public matchmaking contest. But, then he would have never met Lolly Mayfield--sassy, direct, outrageous and one women in the competition, or out of it, able to make his slumbering heart wake up and sing!

This was interesting and took place in 1879; back in the good old days.

Vicky

apricot 06-20-2017 07:05 AM

It's been so quiet here. I thought the book club was discontinued. Vicky, it was good to read your posts.

VicRae 06-20-2017 05:09 PM

Thanks. I didn't have much time to post over the fall and winter months. It seems the same way for the Crafty Crafter's thread too. Hope you are doing better now.

Vicky

RobertaD 06-21-2017 09:26 AM

I've been reading Beverly Lewis books, I love the stories on the Amish.

Roberta