Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

View Poll Results: Do you want to continue with the Book Club?
YES 4 80.00%
NO 1 20.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-29-2016, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

SEPT 2016 Book Club

It's September already~
Welcome to the September Book Club. Here you can tell us about the book/books you are reading.
There's a poll to take if you want too.

Attached Images

Old 08-29-2016, 03:47 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

subbing
Old 08-29-2016, 04:06 PM
Nine Year Member

At this time I think I will drop out. I've read so many books this month that I don't think it would be fair to all the others in the club to post all them all at once. I will continue reading and check in once in awhile. I'm going to be busy helping make quilts for the homeless shelter in town.

Wishing all best wishes to keep reading.

Vicky
Old 08-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Assistant Moderator

I love reading about the books everyone reads!!
Old 09-02-2016, 07:29 PM

I haven't been posting but I have been reading.
Can't believe I haven't posted what I have read since April. So sorry.

May- Cruise Control by Hope Callaghan

Assistant Cruise Director, Millie Sanders and her crew board the passenger cruise ship, "Siren of the Seas." Suspicions are raised when a group of mysterious passengers board and then head straight to the bridge for a private meeting with the captain. Millie soon discovers that something sinister is going on inside the bridge after communications on board are cut off and the ship stops moving. Millie and her crew set out to solve the mystery.

May 2nd book The Old Cape House by Barbara Eppich Struna

Nancy Caldwell relocates to an old sea captain's house on Cape Cod with her husband and four children. When she discovers an abandoned root cellar in her backyard containing a baby's skull and gold coins, she digs up evidence that links her land to the legendary tale of Maria Hallett and her pirate lover, Sam Bellamy. Using alternating chapters between the 18th and 21st centuries, The Old Cape House, a historical fiction, follows two women that are lifetimes apart, to uncover a mystery that has had the old salts of Cape Cod guessing for 300 years.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-02-2016, 10:22 PM

In June I read Island Refuge by Kimberly Rose Johnson.

Five-Star-Chef Zoe Griffin walked away from her dream job. Did she make a mistake?

Her engagement off, Zoe Griffin retreats to tiny Wildflower Island in the Puget Sound. Hiding out as a cook and maid at a shabby bed-and-breakfast seems crazy for a chef who’s used to running her own five-star kitchen. And just as she starts to feel at home, her klutzy mishaps make Zoe fear her handsome new boss will fire her.

Dr. Nick Jackson is done with medicine, and owning a B&B is as far from doctoring as he can get. He needs help, but his only employee’s mistakes give him doubts. As Zoe lets her defenses down, Nick begins to see a competent and caring woman. One whose wounds are as deep as his own. But as they fall for each other, Nick and Zoe must learn the hardest lesson of all—to forgive. Only then can they heal the past and embrace the future . . . together.

June 2nd book

Mint Chip Murder: A Donut Hole Cozy Mystery by Susan Gillard.

When a local hairstylist is bludgeoned to death inside her own salon, questions abound for Heather who wants to know who murdered Kelly Carlson, and why?

Was the murder premeditated, or spur-of-the-moment? Was the killer someone Kelly knew? Why are the police being so quite about it?

With little to go, Heather is on the hunt for answers. But will her biggest clue come too late?

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am still working on Princes of Ireland by Edward Rutherford. It's about 760 pages long and I am in the 500's now. Great book.

Felicia

Old 09-03-2016, 01:10 PM

July 2016 I read Too Good to Be True by Kasey Michaels.

Grady Sullivan, a private investigator, has been hired by a toilet paper millionaire to find out which of his heirs is out to kill him for his fortune. The heroine is the millionaire's unknown granddaughter who suddenly shows up on his doorstep. Is she who she says she is? Grady can't help falling for her... but is she too good to be true?

July 2016 2nd book is The Devil You Know (Children Of The Mountain Book 2) by R.A. Hakok

The Juvies have fled Eden for Mount Weather, but Gabriel knows they’re not safe there. As soon as winter ends and the storms clear Kane will send Peck for them.
Gabriel has a plan, though. They have Marv’s map, with all the other bunkers that once were part of the Federal Relocation Arc marked on it. And Gabriel knows the outside; he’s spent years scavenging it, after all. He can find them a new home.
But Gabriel’s about to find out that the world’s not the place he thought it was.
And Kane might not be the worst it has to offer.

Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by seleach; 09-03-2016 at 01:33 PM.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:28 PM

In August I read A Corpse in the Chapel (First Ladies Club) (Volume 3) by J. B. Hawker.

A teenager’s romantic fantasies lead to tragedy and her butcher walks away. The young girl’s bones, hidden for decades in the deep woods, cry out for justice. A life cut short, a cowardly killer and a middle-aged flowerchild are stirred together into a tasty stew of wild mushrooms, herbs, vanity and deceit. Will pastor’s wife, Judy Falls, uncover more than a new vegan recipe when she goes hunting for natural ingredients to tempt her husband’s taste buds? Many lives will be changed forever in the small seaside community of Bannoch, Oregon, as the result of one day’s misadventure. The questions remain, “Can the killer be found and brought to justice? Will the young victim finally rest in peace?”

August 2nd book is The Shop of Shades and Secrets by Colleen Gleason.

Fiona Murphy inherits a small antiques shop from an old man she met only once.
As she takes over ownership of the quaint shop, odd things begin to happen. Lights come on and off by themselves, even when they are unplugged…and there is a chilly breeze accompanied by the scent of roses even when the windows are closed.
H. Gideon Nath, III, is the stiff and oh-so-proper attorney who helps settle Fiona’s inheritance. He finds himself attracted to her against his better judgment.
After she finds an unpleasant surprise in one of the shop’s closets, scares off an intruder in the store, and uses her skill at palmistry to read Gideon’s future--of which she seems to be a part--Fiona begins to realize that her free and easy life is about to change…whether she wants it to or not.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I haven't been able to read any books in the last couple of months but do enjoy reading the reviews by others.

Fish, I love the pictures you put at the beginning of the threads.

Sharon, thanks for the awards. I'd almost forgotton about reading a couple of those books.