Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

View Poll Results: Please vote for the option you like best.
Any book of your choice. 2 50.00%
A book with the word Hope in it. 0 0%
A book with the word Autumn or Fall in it. 1 25.00%
A book by your favorite author. 1 25.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Assistant Moderator

I finished Dear Stranger, Dearest Friend by Laney Katz Becker. I highly recommend this book. Lara is frightened and looks online and meets Susan. They are two very different strangers with a common fear. This book reminds me so much of meeting so many sisters on FC.
Old 11-06-2015, 01:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I love Nicholas Sparks, his books and the movies they make from his books.

Connie you've intrigued me........ I gotta go check it out.

Felicia

Old 11-08-2015, 11:21 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I read Coldhearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas. Amazon said
Devon Ravenel, London's most wickedly charming rake, has just inherited an earldom. But his powerful new rank in society comes with unwanted responsibilities . . . and more than a few surprises. His estate is saddled with debt, and the late earl's three innocent sisters are still occupying the house . . . along with Kathleen, Lady Trenear, a beautiful young widow whose sharp wit and determination are a match for Devon's own.
A clash of wills . . .
Kathleen knows better than to trust a ruthless scoundrel like Devon. But the fiery attraction between them is impossible to deny—and from the first moment Devon holds her in his arms, he vows to do whatever it takes to possess her. As Kathleen finds herself yielding to his skillfully erotic seduction, only one question remains:
Can she keep from surrendering her heart to the most dangerous man she's ever known?

Old 11-13-2015, 07:52 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I read The Cat Who Talked Turkey by Lilian Jackson Braun. The people in Moose County are excited about a new Pickax bookstore that Polly, James Qwilleran's lady friend will be working at after retiring from her job at the library. The groundbreaking is marred by the discovery of a man's body nearby, on Qwill's on property. Could it be the work of a killer who used the same MO in northern Michigan? Why does Qwill's Siamese, Koko, keep insisting that he read him a book that Qwill can't stand? Then there's the appearance of what seem to be wild turkeys, which haven't been around for 30 years and Koko has learned to "talk" in their language when out in the gazebo with Qwill and his Siamese female companion, Yum Yum. In this one it was easy for me to figure out who the killer(s) most likely were versus some of her previous books I've read. It was a fast and easy read.
Old 11-13-2015, 11:54 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have 2 very good books this month. Getting Lucky by Stacy Finz & Ransom Canyon by Jodi Thomas
Getting Lucky- In Nugget, California, a tiny town tucked into the Sierra Nevada mountains, luck is what you make it, and love is never far behind...

From his humble beginnings in Nugget, Lucky Rodriguez has become a champion on the rodeo circuit, truly living up to his name in every regard. But when he returns home, he gets something success can't buy: a daughter he never knew he had. And the girl's mother, an old friend he has hasn't thought about since, now touches his heart like no buckle bunny ever could.
Tawny Wade hasn't always had luck on her side. She fell for a boy she couldn't have, lost her parents too young, and now her daughter needs a transplant she can't provide. But if Lucky is a stem cell match, all that could change. The trouble is, Lucky's got a past in Nugget that makes him off-limits as anything more than a donor for her daughter. And yet, Tawny's never stopped loving the man who now holds her family's fate in his cowboy-callused hands..
Ranson Canyon-Rancher Staten Kirkland, the last descendant of Ransom Canyon's founding father, is rugged and practical to the last. No one knows that when his troubling memories threaten to overwhelm him, he runs to lovely, reclusive Quinn O'Grady…or that she has her own secret that no one living knows. Young Lucas Reyes has his eye on the prize—college, and the chance to become something more than a ranch hand's son. But one night, one wrong decision, will set his life on a course even he hadn't imagined. Yancy Grey is running hard from his troubled past. He doesn't plan to stick around Ransom Canyon, just long enough to learn the town's weaknesses and how to use them for personal gain. Only Yancy, a common criminal since he was old enough to reach a car's pedals, isn't prepared for what he encounters. In this dramatic new series, the lives, loves and ambitions of four families will converge, set against a landscape that can be as unforgiving as it is beautiful, where passion, property and pride are worth fighting—and even dying—for.
I had a hard time putting either book down once I started them Really enjoyable reads

Old 11-15-2015, 07:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I finished the 3rd Farseer book - lots of pages to read but well worth it.

I started The Martian by Andy Weir I wanted to read the book before seeing the movie they made from it.
http://www.amazon.com/Martian-Andy-W...e+martian+book

I'm at least half way through it and it's really a great read. I can't imagine being on another planet, never mind being stranded on one!

Felicia

Old 11-16-2015, 02:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Apricot, Read the whole series of "Cat Who..." books. Loved them. Wish I had a cat like those! @:-)
Old 11-19-2015, 08:47 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just started to read a book called Burn It Up by Cara McKenna. I won the book in a contest and so far it's okay.
This is sort of a romance but its about a MC club the Desert Dogs.
So far it's interesting.

Burn It Up: A Desert Dogs Novel: Cara McKenna: 9780451476609: Amazon.com: Books

Amazons Blurb: After a decade spent chasing shadier pursuits, Casey Grossier has come home to the badlands to settle down in Fortuity. Vowing to put his days of dirty money behind him, he’s cleaned up his act and become co-owner of Benji’s Saloon. But despite his efforts to be a better man, he can’t shake his crush on his sweet-faced bartender, even though the woman screams trouble.

Abilene Price hopes she can outrun her mistakes and build a safe, respectable life for herself and her baby. So she’d be wise to keep her distance from her boss, Casey, and the rest of his roughneck motorcycle club, the Desert Dogs. But she just might need their help. The return of a violent figure from Abilene’s past ignites a powder keg—and it’s only the beginning…

Felicia

Old 11-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Nine Year Member

I just finished reading "The Cat Who Came to Breakfast" by Lilian Jackson Braun.
Yes, I was curious about the series and when I saw this book in a box that my daughter was getting rid of I took it out and read it. LOL!!

In this one; Qwilleran and the cats are visiting an island known by many names. Qwill has always called it Breakfast Island, but to the taciturn natives, it's Providence Island. To the rich summer residents it's Grand Island--and to the developers and tourists who are turning this once- peaceful place upside down, it's Pear Island. But when some odd "accidents" occur, including a fatal boat explosion, Qwill suspects sabotage and sets out to investigate--because murder by any other name is just as deadly.

KOKO and YUM YUM are some awesome cats that help Qwill solve mysteries.

Vicky
Old 11-22-2015, 09:50 AM

I read Too Late for Apologies by Michiko Katsu.

Amazon says:

When Jane Lowe finds out her brother is dead, she realizes the only way to find his killer is with her sister’s help. Estranged for twenty years neither has the patience nor the desire to tolerate the other but with a mutual goal they accept their circumstances and agree to work together to find the truth. Their tenuous truce is tested when their quest for answers uncovers long suppressed family secrets that could destroy them all.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson