Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Old 02-03-2015, 09:08 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

February 2015 Book Club

This month the theme will be

Read a Romance book

Charlotte
Old 02-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

subbing

Old 02-03-2015, 08:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I just won a copy of a romance novel and got it in the mail... Good timing!

Felicia

Old 02-04-2015, 02:49 AM
Nine Year Member

I started a victorian classic by Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 02-04-2015, 03:48 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I am currently reading No Escape by Heather Lowell which is a romantic suspense fiction. When I am done with this book I will start the one that I won which is The Playboy of Rome by Jennifer Faye which is a Harlequin Romance.

Felicia

Old 02-05-2015, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I just finished Hush by Karen Robard, a romantic suspense novel. Amazon describes it as
When Riley Cowan finds her estranged husband Jeff dead in his palatial home, she’s sure it’s no coincidence. The police rule it a suicide, but Riley thinks someone’s out for blood—specifically someone Jeff’s father ripped off in one of the biggest financial fraud cases of all time. She suspects that someone is trying to send a message to Jeff’s father: Tell me where the money is, or everyone you care about will die.</SPAN>

Enter Finn Bradley, an FBI agent with a dangerous secret. He's after the money too, and Riley quickly becomes his chief suspect. But when someone tries to kill her, he has no choice but to protect her until he can uncover the truth. The question becomes, can they discover the killer’s identity in time, before he resurfaces—and strikes again?
Dubbed an “exceptional storyteller” by the Chicago Tribune and “one of the most popular voices in women’s fiction” by Newsweek, Karen Robards’s latest action-packed novel will keep you glued to the pages until the final, shocking conclusion.

I really enjoyed it & had a hard time putting it down

Old 02-05-2015, 08:45 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

I had a friend give me several DVD's that are Daniel Steele movies. Can't wait to watch them.

Not sure what romance book I am reading yet.

Charlotte
Old 02-05-2015, 11:50 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Cau: I have wanted to read that book!! I'm glad you said you really enjoyed it.

Felicia

Old 02-06-2015, 04:45 PM

I read The Border Bride by Elizabeth English.

From Booklist:

It's 1375 and the Darnley and Kirallen clans have been feuding for generations. After much bloodshed on both sides, a bargain is struck--Jemmy Kirallen will marry Maude Darnley in a peacemaking union. Unbeknownst to the Kirallen clan, Laird Darnely sends his illegitimate daughter, Alyson, in Maude's stead, holding Alyson's little brother, Robin, as ransom. Alyson struggles to play the part of frosty-tongued Maude but reverts to her own kind nature when her guard is down. Jemmy is drawn to her sweet and gentle side, and the two confess their love, but before Alyson can tell Jemmy the truth, she's found out and sentenced to death for her treachery. Defying his father and his clan, Jemmy refuses to allow the woman he loves to be put to death, and together Jemmy and Alyson come up with a plan to save her and her brother and possibly bring peace to the two clans. Full of intrigue, action, and Scottish folklore, English's romance is captivating.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:05 PM
Nine Year Member

this sounds like a book i would like to read, Sharon!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."