FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Birthday Card Exchange (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/birthday-card-exchange/)
-   -   Rules for Birthday Club - Effective March 9, 2007 PLEASE READ CLOSED/ INACTIVE (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/birthday-card-exchange/19463-rules-birthday-club-effective-march-9-2007-please-read-closed-inactive.html)

Amanda 03-09-2007 06:36 AM

Rules for Birthday Club - Effective March 9, 2007 PLEASE READ CLOSED/ INACTIVE

The FC Birthday Club started in November of 2004, about 2.5 years ago. When it started, we agreed that the club would be based upon each member's word. However, because of the growth of FC and the change over in members in this club, we have decided that it's time to implement rules that will keep all members accountable and happy. :)

Here are the basics:

- Send out birthday cards (must be snail mail, including to those out of the country) to all members that have a birthday during the current month

- between the 15th and the 20th of the month you fill out the Birthday Club Questionnaire. A reminder email will be sent on the 15th to encourage you to fill it out. If your questionnaire is not received by the 20th you will be removed from the club and would need to fill out the form to join again in a future month

- Forms for new and rejoining members will be accepted through the 23rd of each month

- New list for the next month will be sent on the 25th of each month

IMPORTANT: During the month of your birthday, please keep track of who you received snail mail cards from as you will be asked that question on the end of month questionnaire.

Moderators will check the questionnaires and any member not sending out their snail mail cards for two months in a row will be suspended from the club for two months.

If at any point you feel you need to back out of the club for whatever reason, please indicate that on the questionnaire.

ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: We do have international members participating in the Birthday Club. Please keep in mind that these members are sending cards to several people in the states as well! Below is the cost of postage rates to send to international members. If you are not willing to send to international members you cannot participate in this club:

Postage from US to foreign countries:

TO CANADA, EUROPE AND AUSTRALIA: 90 cents

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thanks!

TO JOIN THE FC BIRTHDAY CLUB CLICK HERE

DeBora4BobbyL 03-10-2007 09:51 AM

Sounds good. Also, is there a way that I can talk you into keeping the thread open for each month for at least 2 months? Some people like me have birthdays towards the end of the month and some people live far away from the US continent and may not receive their cards until sometime after their birthday is over. If the thread that we would normally use is closed, how would we thank these people? This is just a suggestion.

Amanda 03-16-2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeBora43
Sounds good. Also, is there a way that I can talk you into keeping the thread open for each month for at least 2 months? Some people like me have birthdays towards the end of the month and some people live far away from the US continent and may not receive their cards until sometime after their birthday is over. If the thread that we would normally use is closed, how would we thank these people? This is just a suggestion.

It's a good suggestion DeBora and I agree. I will ask Robin to leave it open for at least a full month afterward.

barbszy 03-16-2007 06:57 AM

That is a good point. I'm often the one shutting down that thread--I hadn't thought of what DeBora just brought up. :) Next time I will leave it open for the upcoming month as well.

DeBora4BobbyL 03-16-2007 05:04 PM

Thanks! That would be great! :clapp:

seleach 03-16-2007 09:25 PM

I think the new rules are a good idea.

redcardinalbird 03-16-2007 11:58 PM

I will also not close a thread for a month after.

Sammi1961 03-22-2007 10:53 AM

I apologize for not sending the answers to the questionaire sooner - I didn't think it actually began until the following month. I did send it today. I think this is a good rule.

bensmom526 03-28-2007 08:47 AM

I sent in my questionaire and list of people who sent cards and got bumped back to the forum page please let me know if you got it thanks =0)

redcardinalbird 04-01-2007 02:08 AM

Bensmom - Amanda did get yours and forwarded it to me.