Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Parenting Issues > Pregnancy & Birth > Birth Announcements

Old 01-25-2003, 09:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
ITS A BOY/ITS A GIRL Announcements

Im looking for a unique idea for birth announcements. Some of the things that have to be taken into consideration: I dont have to make a lot of them, They will mostly be given out by DH at work to men--will need some for women though and Im not that crafty but can handle some things.

We gave out blue bubble gum cigars for our son and the popular thing around here now is the Hersheys bar with personalized messages so now I need to come up with something unique.

Any thoughts? What is popular in other areas?

I figured that I should start early on this one. ;-)

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 02-01-2003, 02:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

My husband decided before we had our babies that he was going to give snack size mounds out if we had a girl & almonds joys if it was a boy - Why? Because Almond Joy has nuts, Mounds Don't!!!
Sorry But that's what he decided & he gave out Almond Joys for both our boys.....Little announcements that are typed up on stickers & wrapped around the bars.....
Old 02-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Although I didn't do this for everyone, because I have a lot of family, I did do this for my immediate family.

I took a newborn size diaper and on the front I have a little duckling saying "QUACK QUACK!"

When you open it up you will see that I took heavy duty construction paper of pink/blue and I put the name, date, lbs., inches, etc on it and sent it out to my mom and in-laws.

I know it sounds corny, but when you play around with it, it comes together.

Another Idea I found at a baby shower that I thought would be a cute announcement is folding paper out of pink/blue into a baby diaper and putting the announcement on it. Don't forget the safety pin!
Old 02-01-2003, 07:05 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Kim, I just about fell off the chair laughing at your idea!

That would probably go over big where my DH works...in a hangar full of men.

Im leaning toward the some type of food announcement for friends and relatives that live close by but for all of the out of state relatives, the pink or blue diaper idea would probably work great---Thanks Hawaiian Girl

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 02-02-2003, 05:27 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

For the Grandparents

Here is an idea for announcing that you are pregnant to your parents. When we found out that I was pregnant we wanted to tell our parents in a new way seeing that was the 12th grandchild for each family. We had sweatshirts done up that said on the front "I'm a grandpa/grandma" and on the back said "AGAIN!" It didn't hit them that I was pregnant until they read the back. A cheap way to tell your friends is to make up cupcakes with pink or blue icing. Everybuddy loves cupcakes.
Old 02-02-2003, 09:33 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Pictures Say a thousand Words

These are great ideas...I think that we are going to do the sweatshirts....thanks!

I saw this one on TV.....

They took their ultrasound pic and had it blown up to 8x10 and then took a family picture with the ultrasound, and then sent them to family.

HTH,
Kristi
Old 10-21-2011, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I made wrappers for candy bars (Hereheis and Heresheis) and you can put all the birth info. Name: Birth weight: Birth Date, location you could even put a picture on the back) and we used just black ink (except for the photo) that is and printed them on pink or blue (according to boy or girl) paper and wrapped them around Hershey's candy bars and taped or glued them shut. Everyone loved them (of course this could be costly) there are places (printables websites on line that have templates for all sorts of wrappers for different holidays - popcorn (minis and regulars) and for those mini-candy bars too we use them all the time for teachers and special friends gifts. Do an on-line search, if you can't find one e-mail me and I will look mine up. I may still have a template for the Hereheis template that I made.
Old 10-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I have seen on the internet where the couple uses cupcakes with pink or blue filling to announce the gender.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

You won't believe this....

When I posted this in the newsletter today, I didn't realize that this was MY post. lol!!

The little girl who went with these announcements is now 8 yrs old!!!!

I ended up making white chocolate and pink chocolate rose lollipops with a saying on it.

Visit my blogs **

On Hiatus

Old 10-22-2011, 05:08 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

taking a deep breathe, as I'm thinking to myself, I didn't know that Tami was PG... and was wondering why I hadn't heard this news... LOL....
Finding out your little girl was born 1 yr before I came to this great site... I guess I didn't realize that you had one that young back then.. LOL

These days there are printable candy wrap to fit a candy bar that u can type the name, information on to give out.

for the grandbabies we gave out bubble gum cigers pink for girls and blue for the boy.