Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 07-21-2002, 03:49 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Does it drive you nuts when your Bedroom is a Mess?

I am not an organized person but I would like to be. Recently my dh and I remodled ds bdrm. Of course while that phase was under way everything and I mean everything was in our room. A litttle pathway to the bed and that was it. It drove me nuts and even effected my personality to some extent. Today we will be finishing this project and the Bdrm is getting better and I seem to to be feeling better about things. Does anyone else ever experience this? How did you cope with it?

Sue
Old 07-21-2002, 04:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I must say that I hate clutter. However I have a very small home with hardly any closet space so I have to make space. It bothers me because I do not like the stuff laying around.

In my bedroom I have a crate filled with stuff that I must put away - but first have to find room.

My closet already has clothes, shelving and a file cabinet in it so that is out. Actially all my closets have those wire shelvings in them to give me space. I do not actually have a regular closet to hang coats in.

I have outgrown my home and need a larger one

As for the messy bedroom, I hate it, I MUST make the beds everyday before leaving the house. I also have to vacuum everyday, I hate carpets that are dirty or have lint, etc on them.

Old 07-21-2002, 04:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

My bedroom is the pits! I always see these great ideas for making your bedroom a tranquil living space....I'd settle for just a living space!

It just seems that everything ends up piled up in my room! I can sympathise with you Shawn...I think I live in the smallest house ever built! We have just under 1000 sq ft living space for 4 people and 2 dogs. My house didn't even have closets when we moved in we had to build our own!

I bought a new comforter set for my bedroom (purchased online at a really frugal price!) and it's still in the box because I can't bring myself to put it in my junkie room! I am planning to paint (its very dark and dreary) and put down some laminate wood flooring, and new window treatments and new lamps. All of that takes $$$$ so I am having to wait!

In the meantime I have got to de-junk! I am considering posting a NO DUMPING sign on my bedroom door!
Old 07-21-2002, 12:22 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Small Bedroom!

Hi Everyone! I have a small bedroom too! I want to build on to the house to enlarge our bedroom and my DH says why????we only sleep in there! I do not have a closet in there either...I have an ardmore and another closet like thing for clothes....I want rid of them and I want shelves from floor to ceiling with shutter type doors on the closet! Well I have been here 10 years now and it is still the same...

I am getting closer to ripping everything out because I am not allowed to have carpet in the house due to dust mites and the chemicals on the carpet...so wood floors will go down first...in the meantime I have to move my bed to another room....where???My house has only 2 small bedrooms! But a great location and address! haha

I have to keep the dust out of my room so it stays clean...I jsut want a CLOSET!!!!

janet
Old 08-12-2004, 05:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My bedroom tends to be the place where stuff goes to find a home when there is no home for it somewhere else...and sometimes when there IS a home for it somewhere else

I would love to lose all the clutter and have it look gorgeous. Unfortunately I am only responsible for "some" of the clutter and I know that DH will be mad if I "organize" his part of the mess. I've tried setting a good example by keeping my mess out but then it just looks like the Odd Couple lives there and I get discouraged and stop bothering.

I need some motivation!
Old 08-12-2004, 05:25 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Hey, things are much better in my bedroom...I have a closet! I have new walls, no carpet, new window, textured ceiling, and now I am looking for a new comforter...and put some finishing touches on my room...WOW! It only took 2 yrs...lol

janet
Old 08-13-2004, 02:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Janet, that's great! So it CAN be done!
I am going to make it my business to clear out 5 things a day from there, until I get it done. A little bit at a time is better than living with it the way it is.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:15 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

That is a wonderful idea Barbszy, my biggest problem was storage...so now I have gone through everyone's stuff and if we haven't wore it...it goes, I have given away my bigger size clothes!! Hooray! And I had way too many clothes to paint in..one set should do me..lol

I also have a bad habit of collecting cute knick-knack things..not anymore..they are being passed on..I only keep my favorites. It seems like in any room as I am cleaning I really think...do I need this or not?

Now if I could keep my paper mess down around my computer

janet
Old 08-28-2004, 05:48 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Yesterday I worked really hard in the bedroom. I started by just taking 1 or 2 things out of there that didn't belong in there, every time I left the room.

Then I got on a roll! Got out the dustrag, finished "my" areas and started to work on DH's! I found his dresser under a mountain of junk. A whole large box went down to the computer room, where the contents belong. I have a basket full of office supplies for me to put away, a coffee mug full of loose change, and a rather big bag of obvious trash. That left a large underbed bin full of things that I can't determine what it is/where it goes/if he needs to keep it.

The room looks SO much better even with this done!

Hey Janet, check the DESKS thread at
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...threadid=11736
and see my before & after for my desk!
Old 08-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Nine Year Member

Re: Does it drive you nuts when your Bedroom is a Mess?

Quote:
Originally posted by SueAnn
. Does anyone else ever experience this? How did you cope with it?

Sue
SueAnn..... Glad to meet the other Sue. I never was bothered with a messy bedroom until my Dh last surgery. Now there are so many pills you have to take and vitamins. Also he subscribes to alot of magazines or brings them home from the pharmacy. Try to keep the magazine in a straw basket on top of the file cabinet that way it looks neater. The pills end up on top of the dresser behind the picture frame. It is just a pain to keep everything dusted. My pills and vitamins keep in another bedroom so we don't get confused and take the wrong ones. Closets we have plenty but no basement or attic for storage since we live in Florida. Every so often just get rid of clothes we don't wear and give to Goodwill.
_________
Sueanne