Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > >

Barbecues & Grilling Summertime is not the only time for this very popular form of cooking. Some people simply won't eat steak or ribs that are not cooked on the grill!

Old 05-27-2002, 04:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

Bbq Pizza

Here is a yummy pizza to make right on the BBQ

buy pillsbury pizza dough (I usually get 2 canisters)
onion
butter
brown sugar
mushrooms (as many as desired if you like)
green pepper (sliced)
red pepper (sliced)
4 large tomatos, (chopped)
garlic (4 cloves chopped/minced more or less depending on what you like)
parsley (cleaned and chopped)
2 tbsp olive oil
cheddar and mozrella cheeses
oil

Slice the onion thin and saute on the oven with butter and brown sugar (as much brown sugar as you like) this will make you carmelized onions. Once this is cooked scoop in a bowl and then saute the mushrooms and put in a bowl

Mix the chopped up tomato, garlic and most of the parsley with the 2 tbsp olive oil.

Roll out the dough to the shape of your BBQ rack. oil the BBQ rack and place raw rolled out dough on it. cook for about 7 minutes or until bottom is brown (with the lid open). Once brown take it off the grill and flip it over onto a floured cutting board so the brown side is up.

On the brown side spread out the tomato mixture, pile on mushrooms, onions, peppers and cheeses. slide back on the BBQ close the lid for about 5 minutes. Watch the bottom of pizza and cook till crust is brown and cheese is melted. sprinkle with the remaining parsley

This is a wonderful refreshing lite crunchy a bit chewy pizza. you can omit the onions and mushrooms add pepperoni whatever. The only part that has to be kept (from the original recipe) is the tomato mixture.
Old 07-04-2002, 09:15 AM
Rhonda

Thank you for the recipe. We had been looking for one. My husband and I do most of our summer cooking on the grill and my husband was bound and determined to make a pizza. He tried to make a frozen one but all it did was burn. Thanks again.

Rhonda
Old 04-05-2003, 02:58 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Bbq chicken pizza II

This is a recipe that my middle dd used to make when she worked for a restaurant in high school.She hates it, the rest of the family loves it. Go figure.

Jayne

Bbq chicken pizza

2 chicken breasts per pizza (boneless is best, but I have used bone in. just clean carefully)
onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, etc., chopped
cheese of your choice, grated
bottled bar-b-que sauce
ranch dressing
pizza crust--I make my own but Boboli or refrigerated kind works fine too

Brown chicken breast in skillet, then cover with sauce. Turn heat to simmer, cover and cook till fall apart done. Remove from pan and retain sauce. When cooled, shred chicken. Spread the retained sauce over crust, adding from bottled if needed. Add ranch dressing (amount depends on how much you want,
I like lots) then layer with the veggies and cheese. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is browned.

This is also excellent made with browned ground beef, pork and beef. We usually make chicken because of the protein.

Editor of FREE Penny Pincher freebie newsletter:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LOLPennyPincher/

Subscribe: [email protected]

Special Member of the Family
Become an Honorary Member

Old 04-15-2003, 11:13 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I make this to but...

I use a whole chicken which I let sit in the barbecue suace for a day then I bake it, when cooled I shred it, mix it with more bbq s. I always make my own crust to top the crust with bbq sauce then monz cheese and then chicken. YUMMMMMY
Old 08-09-2003, 02:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Originally posted by Jeannie in July 2003 WFD

Grilled Pizza

Dough:

Combine...
1 cup warm water...(105-115 degrees)
1 T sugar
1 envelope active dry yeast

Mix:
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 cup cake flour
1 T kosher salt

Add:
2 T olive oil

Combine water and sugar and yeast
Proof until foamy about 5 min.
Mix the flours and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer
Attach the dough hook.
Add the oil to the yeast mixture, once it has proofed and pour into the flour mixture

Knead at low speed 10 min ( if kneading by hand, knead for 10 min)

Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, turning to coat.
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until double...about 2 hours

Punch dough down and divide into 4 balls, pinching the bottoms closed.
Cover and let rise until double...about an hour.

In the meantime, get your toppings ready.

Shaping the pizza:
Roll out dough on a lightly floured dry surface into a 10- 12 in. thin circle or rectangle. If they aren't perfect, so much the better, they will look rustic...

PREHEAT grill with one side on med high and the other side on low.
place the dough on the hot side. close the lid and cook 2-3 min.
The crust will bubble and you will have grill marks underneath.

Using tongs, flip the crust over and move to the cooler side of the grill
Brush the crust with olive oil.
Add desired toppings, such as mozzarella, tomatoes, pepperoni, parmesan etc.
Return to hot side of grill... and bake for 4 - 5 min. Pizza is done when cheese is melted.
Old 05-20-2010, 05:12 AM
Head Moderator

Pizza on the Grill

1 pkg. (1.4 oz) active dry yeast
1 cup warm water (110 to 115 degrees)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 3/4 to 3 cups all purpose flour

Toppings

2 cups cubed cooked chicken
1/2 to 3/4 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup julienned green pepper
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese

In a mixing bowl disolve yeast in water. Add oil, sugar,baking soda, salt and 2 cups flour. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface and knead till smooth and elastic. Cover and let rest 10 minutes. On a floured surface roll dough into a 13" circle. Transfer to a greased 12" pizza pan and build up edges. Grill, covered over medium heat 5 minutes. Remove from grill. Combine chicken and BBQ sauce and spread over crust. Sprinkle with green pepper and cheese. Grill covered 5 to 10 minutes longer or till crust is golden and cheese is melted. 4 servings

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life