Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Avon, Tupperware, etc Do you sell Avon, Tupperware, Pampered Chef? Thinking about joining a direct selling company? Share ideas and tips here.

Old 04-03-2008, 08:59 AM
Friend of the Family
FamilyCorner Newbie

Anyone else out there trying to sell Avon?

I have been an Avon lady since May 2005, but since I moved to another state I am not having very good luck with getting customers, sometimes I don't even have an order to submit. I was wondering if there was anyone out there in kind of the same predicament as I am. I could use some advice, or I am going to give up on it. It's raining today in Kansas
Old 04-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

This thread has been moved to the Making Money forum.
Old 04-08-2008, 02:12 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

There's an AVON folder on the forum at WAHM.com -- you may be able to swap ideas with some of the ladies there...
Old 04-12-2008, 05:54 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Oh, I hope you don't give up! I used to sell Avon, and was just talking about it today! There are some yahoo avon support groups for tips. Also, don't forget schools, and office buildings. Im sue with being in a new place its hard, lots of times if you throw books, people wont order til they see if you are going to continue to throw.. Maybe you could see if there is a local chapter of the ABWA...(American Business Womens Association) or even a breakfast networking group..check out BNI. Remember Avon has a great reputation and almost everyone has heard of it!! Hang in there!! And wear their jewelry as an advertisment...Oh sorry i know im rambling, you can do coupons on your puter., like spend $50 this campaign get 10% off....or a jewelry club, where they order 10 jewelry items within 12 months get one item free, up to $25. Thanks for letting me ramle!! I love AVON
Old 04-13-2008, 04:11 AM
Nine Year Member

I've been with Avon for 12 yrs. It helps me to have a set schedule for deliveries, etc.

Talk to everyone you meet during the day and bring Avon into the conversation. Businesses ask if they are being serviced by a representative if not could you leave some brochures for their employees and customers every two weeks.

If you've tossed an area go back and knock on the doors the next time. Tell your DSM that you'd like to go out with her to build your business. Try tailgating, hang FREE AVON signs on your car, pop the truck and hand out brochures, samples and a small product or piece of candy. And collect the names, addresses and phone numbers of the people that stop.

Ask your current customers to take their brochures to their workplace, even give them a couple extra and an order pad to collect orders for you and give them a discount on their own order for helping.

Roberta
Old 07-17-2008, 12:40 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Wow this a very good thread and some very good tips too.
Mish
Old 07-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Hi i am going to start Avon on saturday. Im very excited. i have all kinds of ideas and things i want to do. i have a sample book all ready, and ive been looking things up on the net. i have found a place that will make up 3 clings for my car for 23.00 and throw in a free tee shirt. i have a list already made up of places to go, and things to try.......i can do this...i just have to try. if i have any other ideas ill post them. maybe we can keep posting ideas as we think of them.

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/
Old 07-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Nine Year Member

I sold Avon when I was a graduate student and loved doing it. I like their products too. Even the jewelry is nice for costume jewelry and some of it is even solid sterling silver.

I think when the economy takes a downturn that jewelry and makeup usually take an upturn so don't despair and keep at it. There is definitely a market out there.

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 07-18-2008, 07:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

avon selling ideas

Hi again...one thing I noticed yall mentioned window clings and having them printed...office depot (not sure if you have one there) and supply stores - sometimes even walmart sell blank clings that you can print on your computer printer..i used these on my dell, and printed clings and even photo clings...they came out great!
and since this post started i got motivated to get back into avon!!
www.youravon.com/nancyevans
Old 07-19-2008, 10:02 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

we dont have an office depo, or any thing like that here. we do have a walmart, but i ddint see anything like that. i did find a thing of little tiny stickers and tee shirt transfers..i think ill make up little stickers to put on my products so folks will know who to call when they run out, and i want to make up tee shirts for my girls that say..." my mom sells Avon, thats why im so pretty!" or something like that...anyone got an idea on that?

later
ericka

http://ehale.avonrepresentative.com/