Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Food > Around the Kitchen Table

Around the Kitchen Table Just want to talk about food? This is the place to sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or tea) and chat about food.

Old 02-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Strawberries

Hi Girls..... My Dh just came home today with this large box of strawberries. Cleaned all the leaves off and will get them ready to freeze in zip lock bags. They looked so perfect not a bad one in the whole box. Surprised to see them so fresh and big. Thought you would enjoy seeing what we grow here in Florida at Plant City.
_________
Sueanne
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2003, 05:45 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Sueanne, Do you know of a recipe for strawberry pie?

When I was little, about 9 years old, we were visiting my brother who lived in VA. He wasin the military at the time, during the War in Vietnam,,,, There was a restarurant there called "Bob's Big Boy" or something like that, I'm not really sure, because my brother's name is Bob and I may have it confused.

Anyway I had the most delicious strawberry pie... I have never had it since. There was a huge statue of a kid holding a big pie out in front of the restaurant. It's a memory from my childhood, one of those "taste" memories that brings back feelings of warmth, and family and security and the things that give birth to "comfort food". Seeing your plate of berries brought it flooding back! I
d love to re-create that taste and see if it does anything for me! LOLOL!

In any case, those berries looked beautiful., and knowing you, they followed a healthful meal prepared in your Turbo cooker! I bet it all tasted great too!

Val
Old 02-09-2003, 12:17 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Lifestar~~~~ This recipe looks good have tasted it with blueberries too. Wish I could grow strawberries without the birds getting to them first.
_________
Sueanne
http://www.yankeemagazine.com/recipe...php?number=150
Old 02-24-2003, 11:00 AM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Those strawberries look absolutely wonderful! Do you know how much snow we have here in Vermont right now? It may be months before we ever see bare ground again, let alone strawberries! Florida, here I come!