Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Food > Around the Kitchen Table

Around the Kitchen Table Just want to talk about food? This is the place to sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or tea) and chat about food.

Old 05-12-2016, 06:36 AM
Head Moderator
FamilyCorner Addict

Are you still active on FC; if not why not?

been going through threads and threads and see so many usernames of people I used to see on here all the time and no longer see them. I know some have departed this world, but I'm sure not all!

I know how precious time is myself with keeping a 1 year old grandson, caring for my disabled husband and having a 7 year old granddaughter here when she is not in school! I am trying to make an effort to drop in as much as I can. Would love to see YOU here also! This place used to be such a fun place to chat and visit with friends we have that most we have never met! Can't you spare a few minutes? Not trying to cause any trouble just a BIG wonder I've had about lack of posts!

We have LOTS of "guests" that stop in, but then they don't really qualify as friends as they aren't anyone you can come back and "see". How about it?

When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping"; now we just "chunky dunk"

“The value of doing something does not lie in the ease or difficulty, the probability or improbability of its achievement, but in the vision, the plan, the determination and the perseverance, the effort and the struggle which go into the project. Life is enriched by aspiration and effort, rather than by acquisition and accumulation.”

― Helen Nearing, The Good Life
Old 05-12-2016, 08:25 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Debbie.. I check in most days but with working full time now and church, I don't have the time like I use to.

Anna
Old 05-13-2016, 03:10 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Deb I am still active here. I so wish more people would come back and post. I miss the days when it was "hopping". A lot post on FB. I no longer work so I have more time then the others to post.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 05-14-2016, 03:17 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Deb,

I'm here most days too. I, work 4 10-hour days which sometimes makes it a little difficult, but most mornings I show up.

I too, miss the days when there was a lot of traffic here.

Norma
Old 05-14-2016, 05:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I am retired so have time to come on when ever i need a rest from daily chores. I do take care of my dh and ds. He tells people he lives home because he is responsible to take care of us. I just laugh makes him feel important and they love him. This is one of my first places that i joined when i bought my computer in 2002. There is still a lot of journals and photos still stored on the website to look back on from everyone.
Think since we lost the newsletter we lost contact with our old contacts. It was fun getting chosen for our comments and getting points. I know it was a hard job to keep up with and hard to get volunteers. Happy for the years we had it.

I do go on other gardening websites in central Florida since i love to share photos every day and so do they. Learned a lot from them plus they meet and swap plants. FB really took over the internet over the years. I have a large family of cousins & friends from all over that I enjoy keeping in contact with. Hopefully we will get more members to participate in discussions on FC.
________
Sueanne.

Old 05-14-2016, 12:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I love to come here and would be here more often if I got the newsletter or notices of posts. I'm here today because of a 'bump' of the thread about Father's Day.
Have to admit when I have to go looking I usually forget to check out some of the places I like to visit.
I am working fulltime but I'm usually online every evening, or at least every other evening.. I've started coloring and try to do that every other evening, checking my email the opposite evenings.. I will do FB on my phone or tablet but not my email.
take care all,
Pam