Visit for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back Forums > Food > Around the Kitchen Table

Around the Kitchen Table Just want to talk about food? This is the place to sit back, grab a cup of coffee (or tea) and chat about food.

View Poll Results: How many cookbooks do you own?
1-10 9 20.00%
11-25 11 24.44%
26-50 10 22.22%
51-100 2 4.44%
more than 100! 13 28.89%
Are you kidding me? What's a cookbook? 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-17-2008, 09:17 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic
Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
How many cookbooks do you own?

I love cookbooks! I love to sit down and read them as you would a novel.

I probably have around 50 if I count all of the church/community books that I have. I'm always on the lookout for more!

How many cookbooks do you own? If you have favorites, please share the titles with us.

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 09-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer
LOL..I too have lots of cookbooks,,but funny after over 25 yrs of cooking meals etc,,,I rarely ever touch them anymore,,,my girls keep saying how can you make that Mom without a recipe,,,I laugh and say it is all in my head, and thats why whenever I make something it is a little different from last time,,always keeps it interesting
Old 09-17-2008, 10:02 AM
FamilyCorner Postaholic
I have a ton of cookbooks. My faves are the church/community ones. I have some of those from several communities in Alaska which I bought when I was there. Friends have sent me some from Texas and MI and Canada. Also have some from New Orleans, St. Louis, St.Paul.
Many from around WI. Have some that my mother had when I was a child.

I do like Betty Crocker and Taste of Home cookbooks.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
Old 09-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac
I have lots too but think it is pushing a 100 and I keep getting more. Some of mine were Mom's and a couple were my beloved G-Mom's. I keep buying more too lol. Well Steven needs to do something on here to print out cause his puter is on the blink plus no printer. Oh I love the church/community ones the best too
I will take what I am served knowing someone out there is being served MUCH less
Old 09-17-2008, 05:20 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic
I definitely have over 100 cookbooks. I could read them like novels!

But I don't generally use them to "cook" from but more to get ideas.
Barb's blog and Barb's Fridge
The New Parents Guide
DealLocker where I am known as "Coupon Countess"
Old 09-17-2008, 06:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict
Well not real sure how many I have maybe over 50. I love cookbooks and I also have a ton of recipes from here and everywhere else.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac
I don't always go exactly by the recipe generally change a thing or two sometimes because I have a diff bean than it calls for or like in case of garbanzos I don't like them so I switch. I also have LOTS of recipes that I have gotten off FC and other places online. Lots of notebooks full plus 2 sets of plastic drawers 3 each that I have started putting ones I want to try now and if we like it then it goes into regular binder or tossed.
I will take what I am served knowing someone out there is being served MUCH less
Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie
I have quite a collection myself like seleach alot of mine are church and communty cookbooks.It seams like I buy a new one every year.But I hardly ever use them,just love collecting them.
Life is what you make it,so make it countThe best things in life are free so why do we worry so about money!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 06:32 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic
I probably have about 50 rounded off! My favorites are also the church cookbooks. My mom used to buy 2, one for me and one for her wherever she went and they were sold! My late Gran used to send off for the ones from all over, Betty Crocker, Birdseye, General Mills, Jello, I have those as well. I can sit thru and browse for a couple of hours!

James 1:2-4
Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
Old 09-18-2008, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac
MyMom did the same thing Lisa I was not counting those thin little ones Jello etc so counting all those I for sure have at least 100.
I go down to where mine are and take some out on patio in back (just out the door from where they are) and read thru' them too maybe not every word. I love my cook books