FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Around the Home (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/around-home/)
-   -   Time to Declutter (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/around-home/26405-time-declutter.html)

Bilby 10-31-2009 06:32 PM

Time to Declutter

On one of my Australian frugal forums the call went out ...............

Declutter challenge, could you find 50 items in your cupboards or house that you no longer need or want that could be passed on to another or a charity.

So I was thinking that I would go through my cupboards and see what I have, I figure that anything that goes I will re organise my linen cupboard to start with and move around the house ......... would I find more than 50?

Recycling week is coming up on the 9th Nov so this will get me going ... and I will have hopefully more open decluttered space to move and actually find things I want at a glance.

Anyone else game to see what they can find?

RobertaD 10-31-2009 06:59 PM

Oh wow who wouldn't have 50 things that they don't need or use anymore. DH alone has that much unfortunately we all are pack rats though I've been making an effort to sell the excess for a neater home and a little pocket change as well.

Roberta

Cooked 10-31-2009 07:35 PM

What a great challenge! I am always looking for things to donate etc. I would love to try this challenge! 50 things, hmmm....
to be continued.....

Bilby 10-31-2009 08:01 PM

.... but I won't (I don't think) be touching anything from my sewing/craft room .... but on the other hand you never know what I've outgrown and forgot about!

I seem to have a few things that I bought and put away for the boys (little things that were on special at the time) but now they are to old so will have to see if I can filter them down.

ajrsmom 10-31-2009 08:36 PM

I love this idea! I've sent you a PM about it. :)

Bilby 10-31-2009 08:58 PM

Who is game to list those odd things they have that will be going or take a photo of things going out?

Bilby 11-01-2009 01:37 PM

My inlaws rang last night to say they are having a garage sale next weekend, wow there is now even more incentive!

Cooked 11-02-2009 09:57 AM

I am on number 13.

3 teen shirts, 2 pairs barely worn teen boots, a lamp, 2 children's games, a purse, a blow up chair, 3 flower bowls.

I have Big Brother and Sisters coming on Friday, so I definitly have incentive!

Bilby 11-02-2009 01:23 PM

Good for you I'm going to start when everyone has gone to work or school today, now I have to beat 13 LOL

Edited to say at a quick glance I've pulled out of my cupboard
3 cane baskets in 3 different sizes
2 stainless steel tiny coffee cups that came with my machine I never use
Toddlers camera
bum bag (your fanny pack ? fanny is the front over here not the behind)
camera bag
toiletry bag that was a give away that's never been used and no one to give it as a gift to
2 x mini photo albums
2 x ladies work vests that arent' used any more, to big for me
sm wooden chest ok tiny and I've never found another use for

Not touched boys cupboards yet

Cooked 11-02-2009 04:12 PM

Way to go! I will post again tomorrow and we will see how we are doing! Thanks for this!