Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 04-15-2008, 04:13 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Gifts of love

Hello friends, well our relationship has just begun to prosper and Valentine's Day is going to be a long wait for me to give her gifts, moreover I have always believed one does not need to wait till special days for giving gifts.
I am looking for some ideas as gifts which can show my feelings towards her and that how important she is in my life. With so many gift sections I can surely expect to find a suitable answer from here. Please tell me your help would be most appreciated.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Hi! Just an idea for you...My husband would write poems, and letters not just holidays but anytime~ when I least expected it! Sometimes he would buy note cards, or make his own and set them somewhere in the house where I would see it for opening up when he was away. I always loved the hand made "little things" that meant so much!

Unknown
Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

As for other gifts.You can make a special meal for your loved one.
Have them clean the house for you.
Go for a long walk.
Thats all I can think of for now.
Mish
Old 01-17-2010, 04:04 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

My mother-in-law and I share books. If I read a great book that I think she would like, I either buy her a copy or give her mine and she does the same for me. I think it is a great way to let each other know we are thinking about each other. Now my sister-in-law and I are doing it too.

~Mother Theresa

Old 01-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

I always sent Mom something special on MY birthday as it of course was a special day for her. I was her first born, she always let me know how special "whatever" I sent on our day.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:31 AM
6 yr member
FamilyCorner Addict

My brother has be deceased for years. On his birthday I send a "thinking of you" card to my mom and dad. My mom made a comment to somebody about how special that card was to them every year. So looks forward to it.

I use to buy blank note cards and write some I love you messages on the cards. I would put them in my dh's breifcase or lunch bag when we wasn't looking. I loved them.

Dh sometimes would come home with a bouget of flowers from the grocery store or other places for me for no reason.

I have taught my kids things like that are more specail then the birthday, mother day or christmas presents. Both my dil's have made comments on how our sons do things like that for them.

Charlotte
Old 01-18-2010, 02:33 PM
Two Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Gift

It doesn't have to be a gift that you make or buy. Why not just call your Mother and tell her that you would love to spend the day with her and take her out for lunch or dinner at a place of your choice or a place that she perfers to go. Talk about things that she did with you when you were growing up. Whwn you were in school or college, your wedding day. Things that she has taught you that you have passed on to your children or will when they are older. I have two daughters and I take them out on their birthdays and we just enjoy the day toghter, go to antique shops (just to look). Your Mother will love anything that you plan. HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.]
Emmiej
Old 01-23-2010, 08:32 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Give her your memories. Begin to write about your good memories of, and with your Mom. Do you have photos of some of the good times you may have spent together? Make a special gift of a copy of the photo and some journaling about the memory you have of that day. Put the page in a frame and make that your present to her. Everyone likes to hear how they are important or special to someone else. Sometimes there is no better gift than your praise.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I used to make Love Coupons good for one free day of weeding/planting in my grandmas flower beds. One for washing the windows. Cleaning the carpets. A day out to a theatre or movie of her choice. She loved them and I have so many fond memories of these days spent with my beloved Mamaw.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Why not buy a picture frame and decorate it 2 ur liking and add a very memorable picture...