Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > > >

Old 08-31-2004, 08:43 AM
A Member of the Family
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Cyn,
Thanks, I'm not too familiar with these products, but I think I will be. lol Thanks for going into the details. I need that sometimes when I'm treading unfamiliar territory.

I have a trip planned to A C Moore, craft store. I imagine they carry all these. They have a huge book scrapping section.

This doesn't sound too difficult, I think I can handle it. It gives me another option for Christmas gifts.

Thanks again,
Maryann

Maryann

We learn lessons in the school of suffering
that we can learn in no other way.

Old 08-31-2004, 11:15 AM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Easy Craft

You're Welcome! They are easy to make and very fun. Good Luck with finding everything you need. Let me know if there's anything else.

My FC Member Awards!

Curious?
Old 01-17-2010, 05:34 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I made these note pads for everyone in my quilt group for Christmas; they loved them! The 4" x 8" piece of fabric is fused onto card stock. The closure is a scrapbooking photo anchor. I bought the sticky notes on sale at an office supply store, so the whole project was very inexpensive.

Moda Bake Shop: Note Cards and Note Pad
Old 01-17-2010, 08:16 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Those are so cute!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 01-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Eight Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

I covered clip boards with fabric. I used fabric I had in the house and attached it to the clip boards using wonder-under. Everyone loved them.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

What about burning a cd on your computer of favorite songs. You can buy a large package of blank music cd's fairly inexpensively as well as cases. All adding the songs on would cost is your time. You can copy cd's you already have or even make a mix cd.

~Mother Theresa

Old 01-23-2010, 07:24 PM
Nine Year Member

Technically, that would violate the copyright laws. Most people don't think of it that way but it really is stealing.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:08 AM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Donna (dval) Is it stealing if you buy the music off the internet to burn a cd? I buy songs from Amazon which are then automatically downloaded onto my computer. If I burn a cd of the songs I have bought or add them to my mp3 player, would that be considered copyright infringement?

~Mother Theresa

Old 01-24-2010, 04:23 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

cute flower pots, handpainted with a small flower in them.
If you have a great garden, when you prune strike cuttings from the plants. Then you can pot them up and give as gifts when they have taken.

I have also made 'boquets' from a range of herbs in my garden. They look quite pretty tied with ribbon and the recipient can use them in cooking, or dry or freeze them for later. Sometimes they are just pretty like a bunch of flowers then get thrown out.

Another favourite is just a small plate of homebaked goodies.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Nine Year Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammi1961
Donna (dval) Is it stealing if you buy the music off the internet to burn a cd? I buy songs from Amazon which are then automatically downloaded onto my computer. If I burn a cd of the songs I have bought or add them to my mp3 player, would that be considered copyright infringement?
Not if you make just one copy for yourself. Sometimes a backup copy is allowed. They tell you to treat it like a book. If you have 2 copies that are (potentially) being used at the same time, then the 2nd copy is illegal.
I know people that buy a music cd, copy the songs to their computer and then the mp3 player. That by itself(I believe) is okay, but these same people then give the purchased cd to someone else to use. Now you have 2 copies being used at the same time. See?
Just think of the song you purchased online as a single cd and go from there.
As far as I know, this would also apply to a free song downloaded (like they have on Amazon)since they are only free because Amazon decides not to charge for a short time as an incentive to get people to buy the other mp3's on their site.