Are you a FamilyCorner Groupie? - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Announcements & News Keep up to date on everything that goes on here! Plus find tips for NEWBIES!

View Poll Results: Are you willing to pay to be a premium member?
Yes, I love FamilyCorner and would love to help keep it online! 34 19.88%
No, I simply don't have the funds. 121 70.76%
I'm undecided. 16 9.36%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-07-2003, 12:03 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Are you a FamilyCorner Groupie?

Hi all

I don't want anyone to panic, what happened over at Frugal-Moms will not be happening here. What I am referring to is full blown memberships.

What may happen though, and remember this is not a for sure thing, is FamilyCorner.com may switch to membership levels with benefits.

The forum would STILL be open to ALL who want to register and post, but different levels of paid membership would come with "perks". For example:

Free Membership: Allows you to read and post, however there would be no avatars, html, signature files, private messaging, etc. Just posting and reading.

Premium membership: these would be sold in 3, 6, and 12 month increments. Benefits might include avatars, posting polls, personal photo gallery, priority placement photo or icon, ability to change user title, pictures and html in signatures, ability to attach photos and more.

What I would like to know from you is if you, a FamilyCorner Groupie , would be willing to pay for such a membership. Please feel free to vote anonymously on the poll, or if you like, you are more than welcome to post your comments here.

Remember, free memberships would remain no matter what, so the boards would not become closed like they have at other sites.

The reason that this issue has come up is due to the rising cost of server fees (what it costs for me to keep this site online) and the drop in internet advertising. Another problem is when I do run ads in my newsletters to generate income, I have people turning me in for SPAMMING! Obviously, I can't afford to have that as I will be shut off, literally!

So I must come up with another solution. I need to hear from as many as you as possible.

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------
EDITED: This note added after original post

There seems to be a question as to "how much". These dollar amounts are not etched in stone, but this should give folks an idea

3 months - $9.00
6 months - $18.00
1 year - $30.00
Old 06-07-2003, 12:46 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

I enjoy posting and reading posts, and that's what I'm here for, but I wouldn't pay a cent for the membership with or without perks. There are too many places on the internet that don't charge for me to pay for that privilege here. I'm sorry if that sounds rude, Amanda, but I'm giving you a blunt answer.

OTOH, I don't mind you putting ads in your newsletters, and I can't believe anyone would consider that spamming.
Rani
Old 06-07-2003, 12:51 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

shocking YES!! I admit--I'm a FC JUNKIE!!

Gosh--this is a tough issue--I LOVE FC----I have met ssoo many wonderful ladies here--some I would truly consider my friends even tho we will never "meet" in person...

As much as I would hate to pay out more money for something...I would hate more to lose the friends I have made here.

So-to make a long story short--friendships are so important in a person's life...depending on how much was needed..

I would be willing to pay to keep my friends.......I them all......

Kim (klcrn)
Old 06-07-2003, 12:52 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Amanda

I am sorry some have considered your mails as spam. I am not one of them. And I think it is rude of any one who feels that way.

I honestly can not afford to pay to use this and thankful you will keep the posting/responding open to us. I am kind of addicted to it lol. Some of the ladies/men have become friends.

I hope things work out for you and God bless,
Old 06-07-2003, 12:58 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I feel it would depend on the amount of the fee. I love the FC message boards, and I too am addicted. I voted that I would not pay, due to the cost. Although, if I were a little "better off" I would definitely pay to be a member. I would not want to miss out on anything.

But, if the fee were low enough, I would be willing to pay to help out FC. I just don't know what a reasonable fee is?

I would have to say that whomever reported your mail as spam is a nutbag. Sorry for the referral of that but that is exactly how I feel, I really hope they are not a regular user of FC!!!

When I was young, I always said I wanted to be someone...I guess I should have been more specific!
Old 06-07-2003, 01:03 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

I voted to pay - but actually it will depend on the amount. If we are looking at $10-25 a year, OK. But if it goes much higher than that, I just can't.

In *good* months, however, I would be able to toss a few bucks your way on a voluntary basis.

I want this to continue because I think it is one of the best social places on the internet!

Cheerio!
Old 06-07-2003, 01:08 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

One More Thing!

You might try putting at the top of your newsletters the following disclaimer:

"This post is NOT Spam. You are receiving this newsletter because you actively subscribed to .... If you do not wish to receive it anymore, please click ."

That should take care of the complainers. I have no problem with you having tasteful 3-5 line ads set off from the rest of the newsletter with *** boxes / lines. If I'm not interested, I just skip them. OTOH, I have clicked on some and actually purchased some things.

Cheerio!
Old 06-07-2003, 01:11 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Ohh, I'm so addicted to FC, normally I wouldn't pay to use a website, but I've learned so much from FC and made so many friends, I would be willing to pay.

Amanda, I never thought of the adds as spam, I always figured that just because it's there that doesn't mean I have to read it! I also realize that you need to find ways to pay for the site.

Carol

Old 06-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

Although I like this site very much, there are so many others out there that do not charge, and I don't mind that they have a few ads. When it comes to everyone charging I'll just find something else.

I hope you'll find another way and not lose good members because of financial issues.
Old 06-07-2003, 01:13 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Karen

Your "quote" at bottom of your post says it all. I hope Amanda is reading these so she will know she does have some who don't feel as some of the others seem to.

If I had the money I would pay it too to help FC and Amanda. And I am sure a lot of our group of friends on here would too.

Take care Karen and all