Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Announcements & News Keep up to date on everything that goes on here! Plus find tips for NEWBIES!

View Poll Results: Are you willing to pay to be a premium member?
Yes, I love FamilyCorner and would love to help keep it online! 34 19.88%
No, I simply don't have the funds. 121 70.76%
I'm undecided. 16 9.36%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

BeckyC

I agree with Karen it is ones like you that make this place. I too would be willing to help "everyone" with some $ but don't know if I could swing 30 to be honest.

God bless you
Old 06-07-2003, 03:41 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

Hi, I just wanted to say I have enjoyed every single email I have gotten from here. I signed up for it so I can not call it spam, I can also work my mouse to scroll past ads if I need to.
I do get a lot from Family Corner and have spent time just simply reading other peoples idea, hints, etc. I have made several of the crafts and given them away as gifts that have been adored - thanks! I have a folder full of favourites and try not to buy gifts anymore - and a huge cupboard full of supplies - its great.
I have to say I would not pay to belong though - but only because I live in New Zealand and the exchange rate makes your fee double for me.
There is little like this available here and the majority of what I read is applicable worldwide - your 3 year old cant be that much different than mine -
I'm glad to hear you will still be available regardless - well done and keep it coming.

Learn from yesterday
Live for today
Dream for tomorrow.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

charging....

I am truely sorry I havent seen this before...I dont get on like I use to...BUT I love Family Corner,I too like others have met some INCREDIBLE people here!!!!!!!!! lots of FUN!!!!!!!!!!
but I too dont know if I could pay alot for this!!!
well maybe if its not too much....but then like what is fair!!??
Old 06-07-2003, 04:47 PM
FamilyCorner Newbie

I haven't had a lot of time

to post here yet, but I was very active (until just recently) on another board where the issue of funding came up.

The owner of the board posted her concerns and asked the members what they thought she should do. She didn't formulate a plan or pricing list, just said "We need this amount of money for this, this, this, and I'm not certain what to do".

The members responded and most said they would send in whatever they could on a yearly or as needed basis . Some sent $20, some $2, some nothing if they were unable. Everyone that contributed got a special avatar (in addition to their regular one) that showed up by their name every time they posted that said "(name of board) Contributer". She was able to get more than she needed and the boards are still open and doing well.

Perhaps this would work here?
Old 06-07-2003, 04:49 PM
BoggsZ

I would be willing to pay a small fee for the perks on FC I love this site and can't stand the thought of not being here.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:57 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Re: I haven't had a lot of time

Quote:
Originally posted by AngC
Everyone that contributed got a special avatar (in addition to their regular one) that showed up by their name every time they posted that said "(name of board) Contributer". She was able to get more than she needed and the boards are still open and doing well.

Perhaps this would work here?

We already have that. See the flower avatar by my name? Unfortunately, it hasn't generated enough revenue.

I , for one, would gladly pay for a premium subscription on a yearly basis. I love Family Corner too much to lose it!
Old 06-07-2003, 05:07 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I would really miss the avtars but I couldn't afford the added expense. FC has really helped me through some rough times so I would never leave. This is the best site on the net and anyone here with a heart makes a friend.

I'll use smilies while I can...........:p

Thanks Amanda
Old 06-07-2003, 06:04 PM

I like the ads

Amanda, I can't believe that people have considered the ads as spam. How did they find this site if it weren't for an ad somewhere? They signed up for your free newsletter, so if they don't want to see the ads, let them unsubscribe from it. I personally like to read the ads, some of them are really useful. I voted undecided, because of our very limited income, I wouldn't be able to pay much. I hope you can keep it the way it is, but I can understand if you have to start charging. I'm addicted to this site & am thankful that you have made it possible for me to meet so many great friends, so what I'm saying is , if the cost was small enough, I would pay, but it would have to be a very small amount, as we are on a very limited income. This is a great site & you have done a wonderful job of maintaining it. Thank you so much.

Becky C, thank you for offering to pay extra to help out others. You are a very special person & I'm so glad you are among my friends.
Old 06-07-2003, 06:15 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Membership Fees

Hi Amanda,

Sue L. from over at CraftPals. I can certainly relate to what you are going through, because Luci is facing some of the same issues. Her hosts are trying their best to help out with money making ideas. I am not totally familiar with what all your site offers, but have you considered an auction where your crafters donate items to be sold for the benefit of your site? You have a great site that benefits lots of folks and I have learned some good things from it. I would consider some kind of fee for membership. You are the only other site I visit frequently other than CraftPals. Good Luck
Old 06-07-2003, 06:41 PM
Friend of the Family

Honorary Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Abear

I'm glad you mentioned the extra avatar showing you've contributed. I just BARELY remember Craftybear telling me about that one time but it didn't sink in. Does that information show up when we join the site? Newbies might be willing to at least donate something if they're told about the necessity of it (of course, not making it mandatory if we could get past that).

I'm ready. What about ya'll? Where do we send a donation???? Maybe enough people would be able to donate that everything could stay the same and those who couldn't afford it wouldn't have to worry about it. It'd be nice to try "fixin" the problem this way - if it doesn't work, we could try another way. ;-)

Love all of ya'll - glad ya'll are a part of my life!
Becky