Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Announcements & News Keep up to date on everything that goes on here! Plus find tips for NEWBIES!

Old 09-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Nine Year Member

Where are all the 408 active Members?

Seems like only a few of us are posting each day!
Where are all the other 408 members that are active on FC. It is not hard to introduce yourself and say a few words. Getting lonely on here, join the few of us trying to keep everything going.
Now that we cannot post photos of anything takes the joy out of saying anything about our day or families!
_______
Sueanne

Old 09-20-2018, 05:06 PM

Sueanne

Why can't you post pictures? I don't anymore because it was just too hard to do especially now since I use my cell phone for photos instead of my camera but did they block uploading photos?

Anna
Old 09-21-2018, 04:52 AM
Nine Year Member

It is extremely hard to post pictures so I quit trying and just post them on FB when I have one to share. It is super easy to post on FB from your phone.

Roberta
Old 09-24-2018, 07:29 AM
Nine Year Member

so true that we have become a mobile and instant society! my pix are all on iphone or ipad also, hardly ever use the desktop unless I am at work and work has a policy to only use the personal pass space for work stuff, no more family folders on here for me!

I do wish people would come and converse though, hard to hold a convo on facebook!

"God has not given us a spirit of fear; but of love, power, and a sound mind."
Old 09-24-2018, 08:45 PM
Nine Year Member

ellenmelon, I usually go on chat to see who is on. Some times they call me or I call them if it is something important. Have a lot of relatives that I
chat with. Can even go on messenger and talk on a phone with video or without and send photos.
________
Sueanne

Old 11-27-2018, 03:47 AM
Nine Year Member

The top 5 threads from what I see are in no particular order are What did you do frugal today, What's for dinner?, What did you pay for gas?, Prayer Corner, game Change a letter. The gas thread only gets 7-10 posts a month which isn't a lot at all for one of the top 5 treads. Frugal today hasn't have a post in 5 days.

Roberta
Old 12-14-2018, 10:12 PM
Nine Year Member

I try to keep the friendship thread open and also the games.

Proud Granny of Maddox Timothy Joseph and Saorla Laurie Elizabeth and Graham Michael Eric!

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try.
Beverly Sills
Old 12-17-2018, 06:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

Good Bye Family Corner

I just wanted to post a goodbye to everyone here at Family Corner, this was the first online group I ever joined. I met so many amazing people here, and thank you all! Love you all!

I joined here in March 2002. 16 yrs ago.

janet

Last edited by janet; 12-17-2018 at 06:26 AM.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:50 PM

Janet

Our paths rarely crossed on here I too have been a member since 2002 and 16 year Veteran here. We really had something going here for a long time I can remember membership being over 10,000 at one time and the pages were so busy you couldn't keep up with them. I learned so much here and met some very special people some I even met in person.. JJOJ (Jamie) and LaurieS. Very good times but sadly blog types are now a dying breed with so many other social medias. I am on FB so anyone on here can go there and request to be my Friend and join with others from here as well. I have many friends that have joined my page it isn't a structured page but we share what's going on in each others lifes. A lot has changed with me over the years, went back to work, quit work this year to be there for my husband as he battles cancer for the second time we don't know how long we'll have doctors say 6 months or 6 years we just don't know he's taking hormone therapy right now and if it gets real bad on the numbers they may try other things that right now would do more harm than good (2nd battle with prostrate cancer that came back and not treatable at this time with surgery or radiation. All the years of learning and sharing here on how to be frugal is helping us now as we pinch pennies even harder. Anyways.. I wish each of you the best of life.

Anna Gartin
Old 12-27-2018, 06:04 AM
Nine Year Member

When DH was going through his Prostate Cancer, I forget 6-7 yrs ago, his Urologist said 90% of 80 yr old men have Prostate Cancer when they die but they don't die from it.

I wish David was willing to loose the weight needed to be able to have the surgery Anna.

I am making some changes to our home cupboard and the way I fix meals as all 3 of us would be healthier if we lost 15-30 lbs so that is my goal in 2019 for us to be lighter this time next year.

If anyone is interested in joining the FB group "FC Front Porch" email me your FC name and FB name and I can submit it for membership. [email protected]

Roberta