FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Announcements & News (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/announcements-news/)
-   -   Should we bring back the Pie Award? (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/announcements-news/27850-should-we-bring-back-pie-award.html)

Amanda 08-25-2010 03:04 AM

Should we bring back the Pie Award?

Last year we offered an award called the A&A Pie Award. The A&A stood for Alicia & Annie. The idea was that you prepared a recipe from one or both of their websites and photographed it. Then you submitted the photo to a thread we had set up and it also entered you into the giveaway over at Alicia's and Annie's. You can see an example contest from last year here.

Tami and I were talking and we were thinking of bringing back the Pie Award but the contests at Alicia and Annie's are now just simply entry forms. So I guess for the contest side of it we could just give each person a bonus entry into the drawing.

For the pie award though, we'd like to be able to award these to people again and want to get your input. The pie award is given for each recipe that is prepared and photographed and submitted here and/or on the appropriate site (Alicia or Annie). The recipes must come from Annie's or Alicia's.

Please let me know your thoughts AND be sure to vote on the poll!

happymomof4 08-25-2010 09:17 AM

I am all for this. I love trying new recipes. I had a great time last year when we ran this contest. I still use recipies from the A&A websites.

trainlady 08-26-2010 12:18 PM

Same here! I love trying new recipes!!

hugs, train:fireworks

sandieluvsbears 08-27-2010 05:59 AM

Ditto from Sandie! I had fun trying some recipes from A&A's, and taking a photo, I even won some pie awards, lol!!

umacme 08-27-2010 10:08 AM

:hello: Sounds like a neat idea!

KSJEn6891 08-27-2010 12:11 PM

I'm undecided because A) I don't bake home-made pies, B) I'm not familiar with Alicia & Annie's pies / recipes, and C) because I think any pie recipe should be considered...

This being said, Yes the pie award should come back (w/wo the acronym A&A), but not necessarily based on a particular brand or type of pie recipe.

Amanda 08-27-2010 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSJEn6891 (Post 1011638)
I'm undecided because A) I don't bake home-made pies, B) I'm not familiar with Alicia & Annie's pies / recipes, and C) because I think any pie recipe should be considered...

This being said, Yes the pie award should come back (w/wo the acronym A&A), but not necessarily based on a particular brand or type of pie recipe.

Jen - the award is in the shape of a piece of pie - but you can cook or bake ANY recipe, not just pies. Alicia's and Annie's have hundreds of recipes, dinner, sides, appetizers, desserts, etc, etc. :)

seleach 08-27-2010 04:09 PM

I vote yes, this was fun.

Bilby 08-27-2010 04:38 PM

Yes as it might bring up interest in the forum again, things seem a big slow all the way round :)

ajrsmom 08-27-2010 07:16 PM

I'm all for this! I've made several recipes from A&A. You can get very creative and find some great recipes!! :)

I also want to post a reminder for everyone who likes to try out new recipes that anyone can sign up to test a posted recipe here on FC and once you test it and submit it to seleach, you will earn a Blue Ribbon award.

Also, if you post any recipe for a main dish on the "What's for Dinner?" forum, you could be eligible to win a Chef Guy award.