FamilyCorner.com Forums

FamilyCorner.com Forums (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/)
-   Announcements & News (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/announcements-news/)
-   -   Not receiving notices (https://www.familycorner.com/forums/announcements-news/27258-not-receiving-notices.html)

RobertaD 04-15-2010 11:58 AM

Not receiving notices

For the past 2-3 weeks I have not been receiving post notices.
I have cleared my cookies, changed my settings from instant to daily,
and back again and still they aren't coming. With the exception of
two days around the 4th of April.

Roberta Dunaway

Amanda 04-15-2010 12:05 PM

Thanks for posting that Roberta :)

In order for tech to even consider looking into this, they will want you to contact your internet service provider first and tell them you are not receiving the emails. If the email issue were affecting everyone they would look into it immediately (for example, I am receiving mine, that's how I knew you posted this), but when it's on a case by case basis, usually it's something on the user's side, more specifically, the email notifications are probably being caught by you provider's spam filters. Sometimes email providers upgrade their spam filters and we get caught in the aftermath.

So please troubleshoot with them first and let us know what you find out :)

Thanks!

RobertaD 04-15-2010 12:25 PM

I know Lisa isn't getting notices either in Indiana.

Roberta

Amanda 04-15-2010 12:47 PM

Then she'll need to go through the same process. :( Sorry!

Lislyn66 04-15-2010 06:13 PM

Hi, I get notices hit and miss. I'm in Illinois, my provider is Verizon and my email server is yahoo. So far so good in the last few weeks but, ya never know!

Lisa

RobertaD 04-17-2010 09:39 AM

Any one have an idea of what is going on? The notices aren't going into my spam folder nor am I receiving notices.

Roberta

ajrsmom 04-17-2010 10:36 AM

Roberta, what ISP are you using? I've had a ton of trouble with AT&T in the past but thankfully nothing since the updates.

All I had to do was call my ISP and tell them that I am having trouble receiving emails from this website. Tell them (don't ask them) to check their black list of websites to see if they've blacklisted FC. They will probably tell you that they don't do this but they do. It's funny, AT&T told me that they don't do this but I started receiving FC emails shortly after I talked to them.

Amanda 04-17-2010 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertaD (Post 993600)
Any one have an idea of what is going on? The notices aren't going into my spam folder nor am I receiving notices.

Roberta

Well it's not actually YOUR spam folder that they are probably getting caught in, but rather the spam filter at your ISP. So you need to contact them directly as the messages are never making it past their server.

RobertaD 04-17-2010 01:50 PM

I have Earthlink guess I'll have to give them a call and see what is up.

Roberta

RobertaD 04-20-2010 10:27 AM

Well contacting my internet provider yesterday hasn't helped will have to contact them again tomorrow when I have the time. I did receive the Earthday newsletter today so maybe things will be back to normal soon.

Roberta