Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Announcements & News Keep up to date on everything that goes on here! Plus find tips for NEWBIES!

Old 07-10-2009, 05:45 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Photo Gallery: Please Read

Hi everyone

You know that recently we have been having technical issues. This message board is running on a very old version. In fact, it's so old that this version is not even supported anymore by vBulletin. However, we have never updgraded because there wasn't a new version of the Award System available, therefore an upgrade would have eliminated the award system. We all know what a large part of FC the awards are!

The good news is that FC is finally on the schedule for an upgrade. There has been an awards program located that we can use with our new system. However, the photo gallery will become obsolete as the new version of the forum software has a built in member photo gallery.

IMPORTANT: The updgrade is scheduled for late August, possibly as late as early September. That gives members enough time to save their photos from the Photo Gallery to be uploaded to the new gallery on the new version.

Therefore, if you have photos that are in a personal album in the gallery, I highly recommend that you go to that album and save all the pics to your harddrive, perhaps in a folder to save for later use.

I will send a few reminders over the next month or so, but I urge you to go ahead and get started now if possible as I don't know for sure that you will be able to access the gallery after the upgrade.

Once the upgrade is complete, we should not experience any more problems with smileys or photo uploads, so let's cross our fingers for that!

Let me know if you have any questions!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 07-10-2009, 06:57 AM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Thank you
Have read
xx

Take time to recharge your batteries. It's hard to see where you're going when your lights are dim.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:20 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Maniac

Likewise have read thanks Amanda for keeping up on things.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:26 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Lunatic

Thanks Amanda...I am saving my pictures now...

Hugs...
Old 07-10-2009, 11:10 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Is there a better way to save all the photos rather than going in one by one and saving the photos? I mean, is there a way I can download all the photos all at once?

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!
Old 07-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Assistant Moderator

Awards
As long as the system is even for all, awards are good but it's not the be all and end all, we are mostly here for the friends, company and support.
If the awards had to go for all, I can cope with that as there is still the acknowledgement in a newsletter. Could put it to a vote.

I will check my photos, I guess it was time to see what was no longer applicable anyway. Is keeping the albums to a minimum of 50 (for arguments sake) photos each, so as you put one in you take one out?
I'm all for saving space and a quicker page loading

Old 07-11-2009, 12:00 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Addict

I'm not real computer savvy as far as picture albums and just recently figured out how to post my profile pic. The new upgrade sounds like it will be an improvement and easier to use. I also agree with Kathy that we are here mostly for the friendship and anything to make the pages easier to load would be good.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Thank you Amanda, looking forward to the updates!

Unknown
Old 07-14-2009, 07:57 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Amanda I thought since I've been here we did have a upgrade
I guess we were in the planning of it but it never
happened
glad we will still be able to keep our awards that you have
offer us, but again like Bilbi and Apricot the friends are more important
the way it sounds we will be able to have smileys still.that great.

Whatever it takes to keep this group together and make it more easier for us to post. I do hope we can continue to post graphics as that is fun. Will we be able to post like we do here with graphics and our photos? or will the program be different?

you do a great job with this website and we appreciate all you do.. Keep up the good work, which I know you will.

thanks again.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:36 AM
Welcome Wagon Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Ditto what BarBar stated.

Has anyone answered my question about being about to download an entire album? It would be so much easier if I could download my entire album onto my computer or CD rather than doing it one at a time. Is that possible?

Bobby Labonte Official Page Facebook

FC Welcome Wagon : Need help? New to FC? Just ask me!