Need feedback on our FC newsletter! - FamilyCorner.com Forums
Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Announcements & News Keep up to date on everything that goes on here! Plus find tips for NEWBIES!

Old 07-22-2008, 02:33 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Need feedback on our FC newsletter!

Hi everyone

We are looking to get feedback from as many members as possible about our weekly forums newsletter. Each week we include the questions of the week in addition to several other things, like:

what's new at FC
contests
club news
siggy sightings
member awards
poll topics
article and craft picks
forgotten threads
gallery images
game threads

We would love to hear how we can improve on this newsletter. We realize that everyone is different and what might be wonderful for one may not be for another, but we would like to hear it anyway.

Please tell us:

-- what you like best about the newsletter
-- what you would like to see more of
-- what you would like to see eliminated
-- what you think we could improve upon
-- anything else you can think of!

Please give us your feedback, we are DYING to know!
Old 07-22-2008, 02:40 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

The short answer is I like it! When I haven't had much time to visit. it's great to get the newsletter; a bit like a cacth up call!
I'll try and get back later with a bit more specific feedback
Old 07-22-2008, 02:44 PM

I too love it!
I see no real need for improvement.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I don't get to visit much but I do like the newsletter telling me what is going on at Family Corner.
what you like best about the newsletter
article and craft picks
article and craft picks
-- what you would like to see more of
article and craft picks
article and craft picks
-- what you would like to see eliminated
siggy sightings
Game Threads
These are my ideas. I know there are others that enjoy other things so this is just one womans ideas.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:49 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

I hope this thread will be displayed in this coming newsletter so members will have a newsletter readily available to compare.

One change I would include is to color code a few things. For example, Chef Guy award winner would be highlighted in one color, blue ribbon in another color, and so on. If not a color, what about the icon next to the name? That way it is easy to check at a glance who won what. You could do the same for polls, siggy sightings, in the gallery, and so on. You could make flowers, icons, color change or something to let the reader know that there is a change from the poll to forums or from Family Corner to Moms Menu.

It could look something like this:

seleach - Cooking Tip [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DEBORA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-18.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DEBORA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-19.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DEBORA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-20.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DEBORA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-21.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DEBORA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-22.jpg[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DEBORA%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-23.jpg[/IMG][IMG]images/soup.gif[/IMG]

Or this:
seleach - Cooking Tip

I'm sure there are many other better demonstrations, but the idea is to make the awards, articles, and so on recognizable at a glance.

Old 07-22-2008, 02:51 PM
Welcome Wagon Moderator

Oops! None of that came out the way it appeared. Anyway, the first one is supposed to be a member name with the award and the award icon next to it and the second one is the member name and the award that was highlighted.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:11 PM
Nine Year Member

I like the news letter how it is. Sometimes, especially now that I am back at work, I don't get as much of a chance to look at the site as much as I like.

I think you are doing a great job.
Old 07-22-2008, 03:28 PM
Three Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

love it - can't think of any additions... you do good!
Old 07-22-2008, 03:34 PM
Assistant Moderator

I love the newsletter!!

I especially like the forums
I also like DeBora's idea about adding icons or color coding awards, siggy sightings etc.

As for additions, I can't think of any - I think you already do a great job

[CENTER]~Mother Theresa
Old 07-22-2008, 04:00 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Admirer

I like the newsletter,,very informative about everything that is going on here,,and all the different subjects and threads,,Fantastic