Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Announcements & News Keep up to date on everything that goes on here! Plus find tips for NEWBIES!

Old 07-10-2004, 02:35 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Another winner of the Blue Ribbon Recipe Award!

Vjumpstart is the second winner of the Blue Ribbon Recipe Award! The recipe chosen was "Peanut Butter & Jelly Cookies" which can be seen here http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=8205

Today, I was actually searching the forums for a sugar cookie recipe, or something I could make that I didn't have to run out to the store to buy ingredients for (i.e. chocolate chips). I came across this recipe and thought it sounded worth a try!

These are wonderful and the kids went crazy for them. I am still baking them right now, it makes a rather large batch. You could omit the jelly too and just flatten the cookies with a fork for just plain peanut butter cookies. 10 minutes made them lightly browned and nice and soft, 12 minutes gives them a little crunch. The kids liked them either way!

Congrats Vjumpstart, and thanks for the recipe!
Attached Images

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 07-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Congrats Vjumpstart!!

My mom used to make these for us when we were little, especially at Christmas time.

Now Im hungry for them.....ok Amanda, Ill be waiting for my shipment, LOL!!

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-10-2004, 04:08 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Vjumpstart way to go girl... will have to try those for the gbabies.. or for dh.....

CONGRULATIONS
Old 07-11-2004, 04:47 AM
Six Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

CONGRATS VJUMPSTART!!!

This sounds like something my dd would love!!! Congrats and can't wait to try these!!!
Old 08-09-2004, 10:39 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Our newest Blue Ribbon Recipe Award Winner is "Jeannie"! Congratulations Jeannie and thank you for the yummy recipe for Farmhouse Potatoes. My comments on the recipe are below as well as the link where I originally found it.

The recipe is one that I can follow, but there are folks out there that need exact, or close to exact, measurements. For those folks, my interpretations are as follows:

"in kettle cook 2 lbs russett potatoes in their jakcets"
- Boil 5-6 medium potatoes, unpeeled

The recipe calls for thinly sliced onion and chopped green pepper. We don't use green pepper as it does bad things to DH's stomach but if I were to use it, I would chop up a small green pepper, cored and seeded of course

As for the onions, I would say use 2 small onions or 1 medium-large onion. I used 2 tbsp of olive oil to cook the onions in, you may need more with the addition of the green pepper.

salt and pepper is "to taste"

Recipe for Farmhouse Potatoes
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=9608

We had these with ham and green beans tonight. Very good!! Thanks again Jeannie!

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 08-10-2004, 11:33 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

Oh my gosh! This is such a surprise.... !!!
Thank you!!

Congrats to the other recipients...

Jeannie

"A hundred years from now, it will not matter the sort of house I lived in, what my bank account was, or the car I drove....but the world may be different because I was important in the life of the animals and the creatures on this earth."
Old 08-10-2004, 07:34 PM
Assistant Moderator
FamilyCorner Postaholic

congrulations Jeannie

way to go !!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 08:28 PM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

We have another winner! She hasn't been active for a few months, so maybe this will bring hr back ;-) The member known as "jdd" had posted a recipe called "Sherried Beef". I made it for dinner tonight and it was great! My only changes were that I used Cream of Celery instead of Cream of Mushroom and I only used half of the onion seasoning mixture. I don't think I had a big enough roast to warrant that much seasoning.

Thanks jdd!

Here's the recipe
http://www.familycorner.com/forums/s...&threadid=8482

visit my blogs:
Amanda's Cookin'
Crafts by Amanda
Old 08-10-2004, 11:56 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Wow I am so honored!

I have never won an award for anything, so to get two of them? WOW!
I am so sorry for not being more active.Following my amputation surgery it has been tough finding energy to do much of anything, but the good news is hopefully by the end of the week I will have my new leg! Now I get to learn how to walk all over again!
But in the meantime I have uncovered a rather nasty neurological disorder that has had me having MRI's to rule out a brain tumor (thank the Lord, no tumors!) And several Spinal taps have been done. they have me on meds now to try to help, but if my vision doesn't return soon, It'll be surgery on my eyes so I don't go blind and a shunt put in my spine. What I have is called Psuedotumor Cerebri, it's very rare (that would figure, right? LOL)
and only about 12,000 folks in the USA have it. So I have been in and out of Doctor's offices, having a battery of tests run, and another hospital stay in there too. This is why you fun and wonderful folks haven't seen me around.
Cindy, thanks sweetie for letting me now about this Honor that Amanda has bestowed upon me and my recipe!
I promise to be better about stopping by! Cindy you have permission to nag me if I don't check in!
I have missed you all!
Oh and we just had salads tonight, too hot for much of anything else!
Janet
Old 08-14-2004, 12:08 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Newbie

Congratulations to the winners!

Have a tasty day!!