Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums >

Old 03-25-2007, 01:14 PM
Nine Year Member

Happy face Amusing kids at a restaurant.....

Hi---When traveling with kids they can sometimes get impatient at restaurants waiting for their food. I carry in my purse a food decorator pen. They can be bought in the baking isle in any supermarket They are sometimes called easy writers, or food doodlers. I give each child a decorating pen while they are waiting . They draw on the bread sticks, or crackers and even the rolls. It passes the time in a fun way while waiting. They also eat the bread sticks, crackers and rolls. They think this is just great.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:31 PM
Seven Year Member
FamilyCorner Junkie

The forum just ate my reply. ARG!!! I'll post more later I have lots of ideas that work for us.

For starters...I keep small note pads with crayons, colored pencils, or multi-colored pens in my purse just in case the restaurant doesn't have any. Some times I even have coloring sheets.

If we feel safe & the restaurant is too busy to walk around inside and look at the pictures or wall decorations we walk around outside and look at the cars driving by, at the plants or trees. We look for animals & insects or at whatever tickles our fancy.

I have a couple of miniature linking logs & tinkertoy construction sets in their own container, about the size of a small playdough container, each container has a keychain. They love to play with them.

TTFN (((HUGS)))
Shelley
Old 03-25-2007, 03:59 PM
Four Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Amusing Kids at a restaurant......

We took our g-g grand son out to eat and we played a game called where is the food , you say a food and then say where it is like steak on the cow g-beans in the garden. lol

Old 03-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunny
We took our g-g grand son out to eat and we played a game called where is the food , you say a food and then say where it is like steak on the cow g-beans in the garden. lol
I like this game for teaching the kids where things are from! Great tip!

These are all great tips in this thread!!
Thanks for sharing, ladies!

Tami

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:13 PM
Assistant Moderator

I always have 2 pens/pencils in my hand bag with a note pad. The kids can play noughts and crosses or dots and dashes, hangman or just doodle to fill in the time. It depends on their ages.
If there is a menu still on the table I tell them foods I want, can you add up the prices how much will my bill be?