Visit FamilyCorner.com for tons of seasonal ideas!
quick link - go to our home page quick link - kid's crafts, family fun, printables, etc quick link - sign up for our free newsletter quick link - holiday crafts, recipes and ideas quick link - gardening, organizing, saving money, decorating and more quick link - our FunBook is filled with lots of quick ideas, tips and crafts quick link - join our bustling community of friendly members

Go Back   FamilyCorner.com Forums > Parenting > Education > All About School Ideas & Information

Old 07-25-2004, 09:19 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

My boys start back on August 12th!

I have almost everything they need.

I have belts left to buy as far as clothes.....oh, they will each need a new jacket when the weather starts turning cool. I'll wait and get the jackets closer to when they need them.

Actually, I am also waiting to buy DS # 2's school pants. He can still wear uniform shorts to school. He will wear those until it starts getting cold. Thne, I'll need to get him some uniform pants. DS # 1 can no longer wear shorts to school as he enters 7th grade this year.

I have all of their school supplies except scissors for DS # 2. He thought that he still had his from last year. Then there will be those little "extras" that teachers will ask for that wasn't on the supply list that was sent home.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:47 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I need to get, well, basicallyl everything!! I put off going school shopping this year, because when I went at the end of July last year Kmart did not have the "new" school stuff out. Now this year they already had the "new" school stuff out two weeks before the end of July!

Our school does not have a "need" list for elementary. Which is very nice. Just a would be helpful to have list. Which is a very short simple list.(i.e. tissues, colored pencils, extra pencils)

But, the high school has a very small must have list. Such as book covers & Gym clothes(which only consists of blue or black shorts, and a white T-shirt). The white T-shirts I never have a problem with, but, it seems that I can never find the blue or black shorts that suit my kids, when we are back to school shopping.
Old 07-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

Location: Originally from the Home of the only 6 times Super Bowl Champs!
My son goes back on Aug 31.

We havent even started shopping for anything yet. I dont think that he will have a "list" to fill either but I could be wrong. His school like to wait until school starts before they let you know what is going on. I dont know anyone around to ask about this either.

He will start eating school lunches for the first time too. (1st grade). That should be interesting! Ive already told him that unless he loves everything on the menu for that day, he will be taking his lunch.....he will dump what he doesnt know or like.

Ive promised to take him shopping alone. ( He doesnt know it but this is to keep my own sanity! LOL! )

Visit my blogs **

Tami's Kitchen Table Talk

Simple, easy-to-cook family recipes
and lots of good conversation!

Join the Cookie Carnival!
On Hiatus

If you love baking cookies, join our group!

Old 07-26-2004, 04:07 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by ajrsmom
Ive promised to take him shopping alone. ( He doesnt know it but this is to keep my own sanity! LOL! )
That's too cute! I know what you mean though, I end up taking all four of mine, at one time when we go school shopping. The oldest three are in school, and I can't let the youngest one feel left out. Luckily the oldest two I can let shop "on their own". I tell them you need X amount of jeans, X amount of shirts so on and on, and they have to have a piece of paper to keep track of the amt. spent.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Groupie

My dd goes back on 9/7. She's going into 2nd grade and we do have a list of supplies they need.

This year, though, we're getting an exchange student who will be in 12th grade. Fortunately, she'll be at the same school dd goes to. I have to find the supply list for them so we can go shopping when she gets here. This is the first time we've had an exchange student, so even though we're very excited, we're a little rattled about the idea of a teenager in the house!

Has anyone else had an exchange student before? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa
Old 07-27-2004, 10:59 AM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

DS will start back on August 17 and DD on August 19. I will not buy him any new school clothes as he does not have to wear a uniform and his clothes still fit from summer. Grandma did buy him some new used jeans at yard sales so all we need is his supply list which we get 8/9.

DD list was sent in June. We have been getting the supplies for her as they go on sale. Also pick up extras that I know will be on DS's. She is in uniform but her's still fit from last year. I did find two used skorts so that will be her new to you thing. Will also look for a next size up at their used uniform sale in case she does go on a growth spurt.

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 07-27-2004, 11:17 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I kind of wish that my kids would have to wear a uniform! At least than school shopping would not be so much of a hassle.

My kids would clober me if they heard me saying that.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:18 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Fanatic

Mom2-4 - I agree with you. Uniforms are so much easier. DS did go to a uniform school but transfered due to getting more help for his motor skills problems at a different school. He is still easy as he is not picky about his clothes and pretty much will wear what I put out. His problem is that he is so skinny most pants with button are too big so he does like being able to wear the elastic pants.

DD on the other hand is very picky and complains about her uniform at times and on free days we have some disagreements. So I am really glad that I can just say "you have to wear it"!

Children have never been very good at listening to their parents, but they have never failed to imitate them. Baldwin ~
Old 07-28-2004, 02:23 AM
FamilyCorner Fanatic

I guess the uniforms would also have their ups and downs, but, still at least I would not have to complain that DD's belly is showing, or I can see DS's boxers.

Or in the morning DDs asking does this match Well, I wouldn't wear it, I guess it matches!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Nine Year Member
FamilyCorner Postaholic

I haven't gotten the school letter to find out when it starts but I am guessing Sept. 7.

I have to get UNIFORMS for my growing kids
I love uniforms, except for the ironing part. No arguments about what they are wearing, no questions about matching....the most choice that comes in is, do I bring a sweater?